Chapter 95-97

Chapter 95: A Hostile Child

After resting for a while in her room, Alina went downstairs. Sheffield and others were talking and laughing downstairs.

"Dad, Sheffield, dinner is ready! Ted, wash your hands." Iris took out a bowl of soup from the kitchen and talked to them while walking.

"Sheffield, let's have dinner. I've asked your aunt to prepare a lot of your favorite dishes. You should eat more later!" Said Elbert, patting his grandson on the thin shoulder.

"Yes, I will eat more," said Sheffield with a smile.

"You really need to eat more. Boys should be strong!"

Holding his father's hand, Ted raised his head and asked anxiously, "Dad, should I also be strong?"

"Of course, but the most important thing now is to listen to your mother and wash your hands."

"Okay, I'll do it right now!" Ted let go of his father's hand and ran to the sink.

The table was square, made of solid wood. It was not big, and was for seven or eight people.

Standing at the foot of the stairs, Alina was embarrassed to see the whole family sitting down at the table and no one calling her.

She was not thick skinned enough to walk over and sit down.

"Come and have dinner." When Iris came out with the second dish, she saw Alina standing there in a daze and asked her to come over.

Alina walked over and sat down silently. The servant quickly put a set of tableware for her.

The others at the table ignored her.

"Come on, Sheffield. This is your favorite chicken!" Elbert picked up a drumstick for his grandson, and then another one for Ted. "Ted, would you like to have a drumstick too?"

"Grandpa, I don't want to eat the drumstick. Please give it to my cousin." Ted said.

He had heard from his family that his cousin was living a hard life without his mother, so he generously gave up the drumstick.

Seeing Ted staring at the drumstick, Sheffield said gently, "Ted, I already have a drumstick. You can have that one."

"You don't want it?" Ted's eyes lit up. "Okay, I'll take it!"

Elbert put the drumstick into his bowl with a smile.

When the third dish was served, Iris sat down at the table. She served the dishes in person to show her respect and welcome to the guests, which was also a kind of etiquette.

"Sheffield, eat whatever you like. This is your home."

"Thank you, Auntie."

The table was soon full of dishes, but Alina only ate the dishes in front of her. She was afraid that she would annoy others when stretching out her hand.

Having finished the first bowl of rice, she was ashamed to ask the servant for a second. She had to eat the food slowly. She didn't stop until the others stopped eating.

After lunch, the family chatted. After saying goodbye to Iris, Alina went upstairs to her room.

As soon as she returned to her room, she closed the door and opened the suitcase to look for snacks.

She sat on the bed, with a piece of beef jerky on her left hand and a duck's feet on her right hand, enjoying it.

She suspected that the servant had deliberately given her so little food. Fortunately, she had some snacks with her, or she would starve to death! She was going out to buy some snacks later.