Chapter 116 - 118

Chapter 116: In A Hospital Again 2

Iris's face changed dramatically. She stood up in a hurry and ran to the room. Her son must have had a nightmare!

"Ted, what's wrong? Mom is here!"

"Mom... Woo... I'm scared..." Ted saw that it was his mother in front of him and plunged into her arms.

"Don't worry. Mom's here. It's okay..." Iris patted her son on the back and comforted him in a soft voice.

Feeling relieved, Ted gradually calmed down and fell asleep again, but his hands tightly grabbed his mother's clothes.

Iris didn't have the heart to put down her son. Compared with her son, a meal was nothing. When Iris was about to lie down with her son, she turned around and saw her husband standing quietly at the door. She was surprised and asked, "Why are you here?"

"Ted is also my son! As if he only had you! Don't lie down. I'll get you something to eat first."

"No, honey. I don't have any appetite. Tell the servant to prepare some digestible and nutritious food for Alaina."

"I see. Have a good rest with Ted. Don't worry about the traffickers. I won't let them go!" Jack turned around solemnly and closed the door gently.

Seeing his son and daughter-in-law run away with worries, Elbert pounded on the table, stared at Sheffield and asked, "Tell me the truth, do you hide something from me?"

Sheffield adjusted his sitting position and replied, "No."

Elbert glared at him and said, "I heard everything when Jack called. How could you hide it from me! Do you still regard me as your elder?"

As soon as Sheffield heard that his grandfather had known, he quickly explained, "It's not that we want to keep it from you, Grandpa, but that we're afraid you can't stand it. We planned to let you know in a few days."

"Humph, it's an excuse!"

"You love and care about Ted so much. If you know that Ted was almost taken away by human traffickers..."

"What did you say?" Elbert's eyes widened. "Ted was almost taken away by human traffickers? When did it happen?"

Only then did Sheffield realize that he had been cheated by his grandfather. He had to tell him what had happened briefly.

Hearing this, Elbert couldn't sit any longer. "No, I have to go to see Ted! Fucking human traffickers! How dare you steal my grandson?!"

"Grandpa, calm down. Don't worry. Ted is fine. He was just frightened. Listen, he is not crying."

"No, I won't feel relieved until I have a look at him!"

At this time, Jack came over. As soon as he saw him, Elbert was furious. He pointed at his nose and scolded, "Bastard, now you are an official. Don't you take me seriously?"

Jack glanced at Sheffield and Sheffield pointed to Ted's room. He understood immediately.

"Dad, what are you talking about! I'm your son!"

Elbert was pleased with his son's words, but he still said with a straight face, "Why do you hide it from me?"

"It happened all of a sudden. I haven't decided how to tell you yet! I'm just afraid that you'll be worried!"

Elbert shouted, "Of course I'm worried about my grandson!"

"Keep your voice down. Ted just fell asleep with his mother."