Chapter 27: Study Hard

Looking at the items on the bed, Alina panicked. In a hurry, she threw them all into the quilt.

Sheffield looked at her in anger and shouted, "What are you doing?" It was his bed. How could she put anything on it!

"Stupid. Don't you see I'm hiding something?" After covering them with the quilt, Alina immediately ran to open the door. It was Peter.

"Peter, it's you! I don't know why this door closed!"

There was a flicker of worry in Peter's eyes. If they were not so close to each other, Alina wouldn't have noticed it.

It seemed that Peter really cared about Sheffield! After all, he had watched Sheffield grow up. He couldn't have no feelings for him.

In the novel, the hero knew a lot of information about Alaina from Peter.

When Peter saw that Sheffield was just sitting on the bed, he breathed a sigh of relief in his heart. He smiled at Alina, "Miss Alaina, you've already met the young master. The dinner is ready. You can go downstairs to have dinner now."

"Okay. Give me one minute. Dad asked me to say something to Sheffield. Then I will leave."

"Okay. Miss Alaina, I will wait for you outside." When Peter was about to leave, he glanced at Sheffield again before he walked out of the door.

"Dad said as long as you realized your mistake and apologized to me, you can go to school tomorrow." Then Alina raised her eyebrows and said, "How about you apologizing to your sister? Then, you are free."

Sheffield looked away and said indifferently, "You're not my sister."

"I'm older than you, so you have to call me sister! You only have ten seconds. Do you apologize? Ten, nine, eight, seven, six..."

Sheffield pursed his lips.

"Three, two, one, one point five, one point two..." "If you miss the chance, you won't have it!" Alina reminded.

Sheffield glanced at the girl out of the corner of his eye and saw her face full of tease. He got so annoyed that he lay down on the bed and pulled the quilt over his head.

Out of sight, out of mind!

The quilt was pulled up by him, and at once the food which had been placed at the end of the bed was exposed.

Seeing this, Alina immediately turned her head and looked at the door. It was lucky that Peter was standing at the side of the door and he couldn't see that.

She walked quickly to the door and closed it. Then she took out the key to lock it.

The door was closed and nobody could see what was going on inside.

Alina gave the key back to Peter, smiled at him, and went downstairs.

At the dining table, Alina told Eric that Sheffield had apologized to her and realized his mistake.

Peter was a little surprised to hear this.

Seeing that she spoke up for Sheffield, Wendy's face turned pale. She wanted to ignite Eric's anger at Sheffield again. But she was stopped by Alina by kicking her twice.

After dinner, Wendy seized the opportunity to block Alina in the washroom and scolded her for being disobedient.

Alina tried her best to pacify her anger and put an end to the idea of trying to drive a wedge between them.

The next morning, when Sheffield was notified to go to school, he was surprised. He had only been grounded for two days, and there was one day left.