Chapter 76: Crank Call

Then Alina hurried upstairs.

Upstairs, Sheffield leaned against the door frame. When he saw her come back, he raised his eyelids and snorted, "You came back so early!"

Alina replied with a smile, "Hey, you are waiting for me!"

"Humph, who's waiting for you? Someone has talked big. I'll wait and see if she lasts only three days."

Alina raised her eyebrows and winked, "Don't worry. I will never give up on you! I will come to you after I change my clothes!" Then she opened the door and walked in.

Then Sheffield turned around and walked into his room.

When Alina came out of the bathroom, her phone rang. She took it and saw a strange number. When she was about to answer the phone, it was hung up. She had already been used to this kind of crank calls, so she didn't think too much and threw the phone back on the table.

After drying her hair and changing into loose clothes, Alina went to Sheffield's room.

As soon as she opened the door, she saw Sheffield walking towards the door. She was stunned and smiled. "Are you coming to open the door for me?"

"Can you not feel so good about yourself?"

"Then where are you going?"

"Go downstairs for dinner."

Alina suddenly realized, "Yes, I have forgotten such an important thing. Let's go downstairs together!"

Seeing them go downstairs in harmony, Eric nodded in relief. Well, the two children were getting on better and better. That was good!

Looking at Sheffield, who was about the same height as her daughter, Wendy didn't like him at all. But her daughter repeatedly said that he was a backup, and she should be good to him.

She endured it for her daughter. "Honey, the kids are all here. Let's have dinner!"

"Okay." Eric agreed and walked to the table with Wendy.

After they sat down, the first dish to come up was soup. Wendy filled a bowl for each of them, pretending to be a good wife and a good mother.

Eric looked at Wendy gently and said, "Let them do it themselves. Don't spoil the children."

Alina said mischievously, "That's right, Mom. You just need to get soup for Dad. Sheffield and I will do it by ourselves. Dad loves you best!"

Being teased by her daughter, Wendy looked at Eric with embarrassment. With a dry cough, Eric deliberately scolded, "Alaina, you're getting bolder."

"No, I'm just telling the truth. Do you think so, Sheffield?" Alina winked at the boy opposite.

Ignoring her, Sheffield had his own soup.

A little embarrassed, Alina smiled stiffly and also lowered her head to eat the soup.

Seeing the embarrassing smile on her daughter's face, Wendy felt a little sorry for her. She blamed in her mind that Sheffield didn't know how to appreciate favors. If his father hadn't been sitting here, she would have scolded him.

Then, no one spoke again. Everyone quietly finished the dinner.

As usual, after dinner, Alina and Sheffield went upstairs to study.

In Sheffield's room, Alina was reading a book and said casually, "Why didn't you say anything during the dinner? I'm so embarrassed to talk alone."

"Cut the crap!"

Alina looked at him and emphasized, "That's not crap. It's a friendly communication between families."