Chapter 30: Familiar Smell

Alina felt tired. Sheffield was so fickle. She felt like she was playing the game of a boy pursuing a girl. In order to please the girl he liked, he had tried his best.

She was a little depressed to think that she had worked so hard but his attitude towards her was still so bad.

However, she did not remain depressed for long, because she soon immersed herself in study.

For an excellent student, study made her happy.

The next day was another day.

This was the first exam that Alina would take in the alternate reality, and she got up half an hour earlier than usual.

She went downstairs in spirits, and the others hadn't gotten up.

"Good morning, Miss Alaina." A dash of surprise flashed through Peter's eyes.

"Good morning, Peter."

"Miss Alaina, why do you get up so early today?" Peter asked, motioning to the servant to prepare breakfast for Alina.

"Nothing serious. There is an exam today. I woke up early in the morning, so I got up."

"Oh, I wish you good luck with the exam!"

"Thank you. I will try my best."

Alina almost finished her breakfast. Then Sheffield walked down the stairs with a schoolbag on his shoulder.

In fact, she had a question about the height of the hero. The description of the hero in the novel was that he was nearly 1.9 meters tall. He had a superior figure than a male model on the catwalk.

However, the hero in front of her was thin and short, with pale skin. Was it sure that after a few years, he could grow up to 1.9 meters? Could he have a figure comparable to that of a model? Did she find a fake hero?

Feeling that Alina was scanning him, Sheffield paused and then quickly walked downstairs.

But she kept looking at him. He frowned unhappily. What was she staring at?

"Good morning, Mr. Sheffield. What would you like for breakfast?" Peter asked.

"Same as yesterday," said Sheffield with an air of indifference.

"Yes, just a moment."

Alina noticed another thing. The butler treated her differently from Sheffield. Although he was polite to her, but somewhat alienated. But he was close and respectful to Sheffield.

She could understand the difference. After all, they had been together for many years, but she just came.

"Miss Alaina, have you finished your breakfast? Would you like more?" Peter interrupted Alina's wandering.

Hearing this, Alina came to her senses. "No, thanks. I'm already full."

She got up from her seat and walked to the living room on the other side. She sat down on the sofa and waited for Sheffield.

'Is there a possibility that Sheffield may not be the hero, and that he just has the same name as the hero? If so, what I have done to him was in vain.'

Alina's mind wandered. 'Would I cry if I find myself pleasing the wrong person many years later?'

She just thought about it. However, she wouldn't give up unless she had the evidence to prove that Sheffield wasn't the hero.

"Miss Alaina, Mr. Sheffield has finished. You can go now." Peter saw that the young master was out of the house but Alina did not go, so he reminded her.

"What? I go now!" Alina came to her senses and walked towards the gate with her schoolbag.

Staring at Alina's back, Peter was worried. He wondered whether she could really pass the exam.

In the car, Sheffield was still sitting in the passenger seat, while Alina was sitting in the back seat. They kept silent all the way.

The atmosphere became tense at the school.

Although the monthly exam was not as serious as the mid-term and final exams, they were also ranked.

When Alina entered the classroom, she found that her classmates were either whispering to each other or writing notes, preparing for the exam.

"Well, I don't have high expectations for this monthly exam. As long as I'm not in the bottom three, everything is fine!" Rose was leaning to talk to Emma.

When Emma was about to say something, she noticed that Alina was coming in from outside. When she made eye contact with Alina, she felt nervous and forgot what she was going to say.

"Hey, why don't you talk?" When Rose found that her desk mate was silent, she followed her sight.

It was Alina. She greeted, "Hello, Alaina! I'll rely on you for this exam!"

Alina put down her schoolbag and smiled, "It's better to rely on yourself than on others."

"Hey, you can't do this to me. At least I brought you buns yesterday. You can't be so heartless!"

Alina didn't know whether to cry or to laugh. She was heartless?

"Okay, okay. It's up to you. But I have to warn you that you can't blame me if you fail in the exam."

Rose was glad, "No, no. I don't blame you even if I get a zero."

Alina felt a little strange as she heard this. Soon she understood. She was not stupid! When did she get a zero?

When she sat down, she glanced at Leo who was still not there.

She wondered whether he had recovered or not? Could he take the monthly exam?

As soon as the bell rang, Leo walked in.

When Alina saw him, she was stunned, and then smiled. It seemed that he was fine.

On the first day, they had English and math exams in the morning and physics, biology and politics exams in the afternoon.

Alina was not worried about the English exam.

She was good at writing. In junior and senior high schools, her compositions were often used as models.

She was so excited that she couldn't wait for the exam.

When the second bell rang, Mr. Su came in with test papers.

"Alas... Mr. Su, why are you here?" When everyone saw that the head teacher was the invigilator, they were in a bad mood.

Mr. Su smiled and said, "So, you don't want to see me?"

"Mr. Su, you are our head teacher. Turn a blind eye to us!"

"Don't talk about nonsense. You always don't listen to me. Don't count on me to help you cheat! Okay, now move the desks and divide them into eight groups. Keep a distance between the front and rear desks. Hurry up!"

As soon as Mr. Su finished his words, the students began to move the desks, with a great noise.

"Okay, align the desks. Put away all the books. The exam starts in two minutes."

At this time, a teacher came in from the door. When the students saw the teacher who came in, they wailed in heart.

It was the leader of grade one, who was known for his sternness. To cheat under his nose was to die!

There was deep resentment in Rose's eyes. With these two invigilators, she could not cheat at all!

"Everyone, get ready! The exam begins. Anyone caught cheating will be given a zero! Now, please pass the papers to the back."

There was a clatter in the classroom. It was the sound of the students passing on the test papers.

Alina sat in the second row from the bottom. She listened to the familiar sound that she had not heard for years and felt a little excited.

The paper finally reached her. Smelling the ink from the test paper, she smiled nostalgically.