Chapter 63: Grandma

Alina hated waiting for others, so she hurried to the appointed place ten minutes in advance. When she saw a black car parked on the roadside, she thought to herself, 'It shouldn't be waiting for me, right?'

As soon as she finished thinking, the window of the car slowly rolled down, and Leo's face appeared. "Good morning."

"Good morning. I didn't expect you to come earlier than me." With a smile, Alina opened the door and sat in. While fastening the seat belt, she asked, "Where are we going?"

"I can't tell you for the time being. You'll know when we get there," said Leo flatly.

Alina paused and then inserted the buckle of the seat belt into the jack. The car was soon started and went into the busy street.

Half an hour passed, and they had not reached their destination. Alina turned to Leo, "It's been so long. Haven't we arrived yet?"

Leo looked at her and replied, "No."

"How long will it take?"

Leo looked at the driver in front of him. The driver understood and answered for him, "About an hour."

"An hour! Where are we going? Why does it take us so long to drive?"

The driver glanced at Leo through the rear-view mirror and said to Alina, "It's better for young master to tell you."

Alina straightened up, patted Leo on the shoulder with one hand, turned him around and made him face her. She said seriously, "I give you a chance to explain, or I'll get off the car now."

They looked at each other for a moment. Leo pursed his lips and lowered his eyes. "We are going to the countryside, my grandmother's house."

"Why did you ask me to go to your grandmother's house? I don't know your grandma!" Alina didn't know what to say.

'You are a handsome guy. It's easy to make people misunderstand you if you take a girl to see your grandmother without notice!'

Fortunately, she was not Alaina she used to be, nor was she a teenage girl. Otherwise, her heart must have been beating fast.

Leo raised his head and took a quick glance at her. Then he lowered his head and said in a low voice, "I want to take you to see her."

"Is there anyone else except your grandmother?" In order to make it clear, Alina thought she should ask.

"No."

There was still an hour left before they arrived. Alina thought it was not a good idea to sit still, so she began to talk. "Why does your grandmother live in the countryside alone? Do you often come back to see her?"

Leo nodded and then shook his head. "I go back once a month."

"How old is your grandmother? She is living in the countryside alone. She should be in good health, right?"

"Yes." Leo nodded heavily.

"She must love you very much, right? Grandma usually loves grandson!"

"Yes."

What the hell was it? She was trying her best to say something, and he just replied her with a word 'yes'.

"Leo, you're a high school student. Are you that short of words when you speak?"

"..."

Leo didn't retort, but looked at Alina innocently with his big eyes.

Alina sighed and gave up.

The communication failed. On the following journey, Alina closed her eyes for rest and became quiet.

On the way, Leo peeped at Alina several times. His eyes twinkled and he wanted to say something but stopped on a second thought.