Chapter 104 - 106

Chapter 104: Thorn

After setting the lamp to its brightest, Sheffield looked at Alina's right hand and asked, "Where is the thorn?"

"Here, I picked out one, and there is another one inside."

With his left hand grabbing her right palm, Sheffield removed the broken skin with a needle in his right hand and looked for the thorn inside. When he touched a hard object, Alina hissed.

He found the location of the thorn. He pressed the muscles of her hand with two fingers, took a deep breath and stabbed the flesh having the thorn with the needle.

Alina's right hand shook, and she bit her lower lip tightly. "Have you picked it out?"

"... No."

To be honest, it was the first time that Sheffield picked a thorn for others. In fact, he was more nervous than Alina.

Then, he pinched her muscles, and again...

Alina gasped.

After three stabs, Alina looked at Sheffield with tears in her eyes and asked, "You really don't mean to take revenge, right?"

Sheffield did not dare to look at her. His knuckles were a little white.

Alina suddenly thought of a very serious problem, "Do you know how to pick out thorns? Have you ever picked out thorns for others?"

"No, you're the first one!"

Letting go of Alina's hand, for some reason, a flood of grievance and sadness surged up in Sheffield's heart. She didn't seem to say anything. Why did he look more aggrieved than she was?

But he was the hero. The hero was so arrogant that she had to coax him. "Sheffield," Alina said slowly, "I didn't mean anything else. I just want to say that if you don't know how to do it, I can teach you. It's very simple. Find the place of the thorn. Use the needle to remove the flesh beside the thorn little by little. Then, use the needle to pick it out. Come on, try again."

Looking at Alina, who was full of trust and encouragement without any dissatisfaction and anger, Sheffield felt relieved, with guilt and gratitude in his eyes.

"Let's try again. You'll definitely pick it out this time!" Alina wept in her heart.

What did she do wrong? She sincerely begged others to stab her with a needle.

Seeing that Sheffield was a little hesitant, Alina said against her will, "It didn't hurt much when I picked it. It's true!"

Sheffield was not stupid. Her hand was in his, and he could feel her trembling.

"It doesn't hurt. Why are you gasping if it doesn't hurt?" With a cold face, Sheffield deliberately choked her with words.

Alina choked, "I... I feel bad for myself. I just take a deep breath! I'll close my eyes this time."

Looking at her, Sheffield pursed his lips and said, "Okay, close your eyes!" He held her right hand again.

Alina closed her eyes, feeling very nervous. It was a horrible feeling that she couldn't see when she would be hurt.

"Can you relax a little? The muscles are hard. How can I do it?"

"Oh, okay. Relax... Is that okay?"

Taking a deep breath secretly, Sheffield tried to find the thorn as Alina said, and first cut open a part of the flesh around the thorn. Because the thorn had already been stabbed into the flesh, so when Sheffield moved, she shook, and his lips tightened.