Chapter 67: On The Way Back

It was really a timely call. Alina smiled apologetically at Leo and took out her phone.

When she saw the name on the phone, she was stunned. It was not from Wendy, but from Sheffield.

After a pause, her phone rang twice before she pressed the answer key.

Leo was staring at her.

"..."

After the call was put through, there was no sound from the other end. So Alina said, "Hey, why did you call me?"

"..."

There was still no sound on the other end of the line. Just when Alina thought that it was a mistake, Sheffield said, "Your mother is looking for you."

"Why is she looking for me?" Alina asked.

"How do I know? She's not my mother!" said Sheffield impatiently.

Ignoring Sheffield's bad tone, Alina subconsciously lowered her voice and asked, "Is she at home now?"

"She just went out."

"Did she say when she would go back?"

"I don't know."

Thinking that Sheffield couldn't see her anyway, Alina rolled her eyes and wondered why he called her.

She wanted to hang up the phone. But after that, she had to visit the old house with Leo, where he had a lot of memories. She would rather hang on to Sheffield on the phone than that.

"Did she go out with Dad?" Alina asked, not knowing what else to say. However, Sheffield didn't cooperate. He said in a cold voice, "I'll hang up if there's nothing else."

"Wait, wait!" Alina stopped him in a hurry. Casting a glance at Leo who was staring at her, Alina turned around and walked a few steps away. Then she said in a soft tone, "Come on, we haven't seen each other for a day. Talk to me."

Hearing the girl's coquettish voice on the phone, Sheffield moved the phone away in shock. Seeing that the number was correct, he put the phone back to his ear with a complicated expression.

"Are you crazy?"

"You are..." Alina stopped in time. "Have you finished your homework?"

Glancing at the phone, Sheffield said arrogantly, "Don't worry!"

"How can I not worry? Dad trusts me by asking me to help you. How can I let him down? Don't you think so?"

There was a hint of mockery in Sheffield's disdainful tone, "It seems that you are very responsible!"

Alina raised her eyebrows, "Of course I'm responsible. It's you who don't want to listen to me. Why did you complain first?"

"You don't really want to teach me at all. You just want to please my father and find a sense of superiority."

She didn't expect that Sheffield was so sensitive. What he said was indeed Wendy's original intention, and she didn't take it seriously herself. She just wanted to complete the task.

Alina said sincerely, "We all have our faults. How about from now on, we let go of our prejudices against each other? There are less than two months left before the high school entrance examination. You study hard and I teach you seriously. We try to get a good score in the exam, okay?"

"..."

After a long silence, Alina's hand holding the phone clenched.

Still no? How prejudiced was he against her?