Chapter 68: Back Home

Leo was a quiet person. Alina didn't know what to talk to him, so she pretended to have a rest with her eyes closed, but then she really fell asleep.

When she woke up, the car had stopped. Through the windshield, Alina saw that the Xu Family was less than one hundred meters away.

"Why didn't you tell me when we arrived?" Alina wiped her mouth. It seemed that it was past six o'clock.

The boy, who was leaning against the back of the seat and looking straight ahead, turned his head to look at her and said calmly, "I told you, but you didn't wake up."

"Thank you for sending me back. I'll get off first. See you tomorrow." Alina said as she went to open the door, but she didn't open it. She turned around and asked in confusion, "Why can't I open the door?"

Leo took a look at the driver. Then the door was unlocked with a click. Alina opened the door again, and the door was opened at once.

As soon as one of her feet touched the ground, Leo reminded her, "Watermelon."

Yes, yes, she almost forgot it.

The driver got out of the car, helped her take out a large bag of watermelons from the trunk and put it on the ground. There were about five or six watermelons in it.

"Thank you." Alina thanked the driver.

"You're welcome." The driver smiled and turned back to the car.

After seeing off the car, Alina looked at the watermelons on the ground and was stunned. How could she get them back?

She had better go twice. She carried half back first and then the rest. It was getting late. She took out three watermelons from the bag and put them aside. There were three left in the bag.

Alina squatted down and was about to carry the bag on her back, but she overestimated her strength. When she stood up, she staggered and almost fell on the watermelons!

She used to be able to pick up this bag of watermelons at a time, but now she was so weak that she couldn't even carry three of them.

No, she had to try again. She couldn't give up. She couldn't be so weak.

Alina squatted down, took a deep breath and got up. When she just stood up, she immediately squatted back. No, it was too heavy, and her body could not bear it at all.

She got up...

Bang! It was the sound of the watermelons falling on the ground.

Just as Alina took a deep breath and wanted to try the last time, a sneer came from behind.

Alina turned around and saw Sheffield standing not far away. She didn't know how long he had been watching!

Standing up, Alina said discontentedly, "Why are you standing there? Are you happy to see that I can't carry it?"

He grinned, "Yes, I'm very happy!"

Alina said, "Well, are you happy enough? If that's enough, come and help me carry the watermelons. I really can't carry them alone!"

"Not enough!" After uttering two words in a cold voice, Sheffield waved his hand and left.

He just left. He had no intention of helping her.

Alina stamped her feet with her eyes wide open. Damn it! 'Don't eat the watermelon I brought back!'

Finally, she compromised and took out one more watermelon from the bag and carried two back first.

Both Eric and Wendy were at home. When they saw her come back with a fiber bag on her back, they asked in surprise, "Alaina, what are you carrying on your back?"

Alina put down the bag and fanned herself with her hand. "Watermelons. There are four more out there. I have to go again." Then she took the watermelons out of the bag and went out with the bag.

Wendy hurriedly said, "Peter, send someone to help her. I wonder where the girl was going to get so many watermelons!"

With the help of Peter and others, Alina came back empty handed.

"Alaina, where have you been the whole day? Why do you come back so late?" Wendy handed her daughter a glass of water and talked to her.

"Didn't I tell you? I went to the countryside with my classmate. It happens that her family grows watermelons. So I brought some back. I want you, Dad and brother to have a taste."

"Our dear daughter is so sweet! She thinks of us all the time. Honey, do you think so?" Wendy said with a big smile.

Eric praised, "Alaina is a good girl. You have a good daughter!"

Sheffield looked at the three of them with a sneer.

"Dad, Mom, I've been playing all day. I'm sweating all over. I'm going upstairs."

"Go ahead. Come down for dinner later."

When Alina went upstairs, she passed by Sheffield. She whispered to him, "Come up."

With a cool face, Sheffield ignored her. If she asked him to go up, he would go up. What a loss of face!

From the sofa came the voice of Wendy and Eric.

"Honey, let me cut a watermelon brought back by Alaina, okay? This is her filial piety to us. It must be very sweet!"

"Okay, thank you."

"Honey, what are you talking about? It's my pleasure to cut the watermelon for you!"

Sheffield curled his lips in disgust. It was so disgusting. He'd better go back to his room!

When he went back to his room, he closed the door very loudly, as if to vent his dissatisfaction.

Alina was about to take a shower. When she heard the door close, she knew that Sheffield had come up.

She took a quick shower. Then she knocked on the door of Sheffield's room with her wet hair.

Lying on the bed and playing games, Sheffield suddenly sat up when he heard the knock on the door.

"Sheffield, are you there? I'm coming in!" Alina turned the handle, pushed the door open and walked in.

Seeing the girl's rosy face, Sheffield, who was leaning against the bed and holding the game console, frowned and said coldly, "Who allowed you to come in?"

Alina raised her eyebrows and chuckled, "You didn't make a sound when you were inside. Didn't you acquiesce in letting me in?"

With his eyes looking down at the game console, Sheffield said, "What's up?"

Alina sat down on the edge of the bed. She propped up herself with one hand and leaned over to him, smiling, "Of course there's something. Didn't we say that we should study hard and improve day by day?"

Raising his eyebrows, Sheffield asked coldly, "And then?"

Then? Alina was stunned for a while, then she tilted her head and smiled, "How about we go downstairs for dinner first and start it after dinner?"

"It's up to you."

Alina was relieved to see that Sheffield had no intention of backing out. She touched her stomach and complained to him, "You don't know that I didn't have enough for lunch today. If I hadn't eaten some watermelon later, I would have been hungry!"

Then Alina stood up and said excitedly, "The watermelon is really sweet and fresh. You must eat more later!"

"No, I don't want to eat," said Sheffield with a snort.

"Why?"

"I don't want to eat. There is no reason!Didn't you say you were going downstairs for dinner? Why are you still staying in my room?"

"..."

Alina pretended to smile and nodded in her heart. 'Okay, you are the boss. You can do whatever you want.'