Chapter 92: The End Of The Semester

Since Alina had taken advantage of Joseph and was afraid of being retaliated, she didn't dare to go out of the classroom all day long.

In other people's eyes, she was studying hard.

Seeing that Alina was studying so hard, the students with better academic performance in the class were also doing their best in secret.

Anyway, those who were clever and working hard were most awesome.

In particular, the two top students were full of hostility to Alina, the black horse that suddenly popped out.

In youth, everyone was arrogant. Who wanted to admit that someone else was better than you, especially if you were good?.They were not convinced and thought, 'She got the first place last time and so what? It's hard to say who will get the first place in the monthly exam this time.'

As a result, the students in the class were motivated to study.

When the teachers saw this, they sighed, "They are cramming for the exam!"

If the students heard this, they would definitely reply proudly, "We cram for the exam and we will pass the exam!"

They studied hard for two days and the exam began on Thursday.

On Monday, the examination papers were handed out. There were seven classes on Monday, and seven exam papers were handed out. Someone counted the score and found that Alina's score was the highest.

The remaining two exam papers were distributed on Tuesday. When they calculated the score, it was found that Alina's score was dozens of points higher than the second place.

The result was overwhelming. If the difference was a few points, one could say that if he was more careful, he could surpass her.

But now the difference was dozens of points, so everyone was convinced.

The head teacher was very happy with Alina's grade. But in the entire grade one, this grade was average. The monthly exam was just an episode in students' daily life, and it wouldn't attract too much attention.

What they cared more about was the final exam. After all, the results were to be ranked and presented to their parents for signature. There was a month left before the final exam.

In order to get a good result at the end of the semester, except for tutoring Sheffield at night, Alina spent almost all her time on study.

She was neither a genius nor a god of learning. She was just a bookworm who had relied on her own efforts to achieve good results. Of course, a straight-A student could get good grades only by studying hard!

Seeing her study hard, Eric was very happy, but Wendy felt a little worried for her. Why did she study so hard? When she was a student, she did not do well in school, and she also married a rich husband!

Wendy wanted to persuade her daughter, but she didn't find the right opportunity.

Maybe it was not because she didn't have the right opportunity, but because deep in her heart, she was proud of having a daughter who studied so hard.

Time passed quickly. There was only half a month left before the final exam. The original time of the oral English competition was changed to the third day after the summer vacation because it was too close to the final exam.

Fortunately, the date was changed, or Alina was really too busy.

It was impossible for her to do well in her own study, Sheffield's study, and her rehearsal at the same time!

Alina didn't know whether Sheffield felt guilty for hurting her arm or not. He had been studying hard these days, so she didn't argue with him anymore.

She had to apply a hot towel to her wound, but she couldn't wring the towel with one hand, so she had to ask Sheffield for help. Only then did Sheffield know that she was hurt.

One week before the final exam, the Xu Family sat at the table, preparing to have dinner.

Eric asked his son, "Did you tell your grandfather that you would go to his place?"

Taking a look at his father, Sheffield answered, "Yes."

"When will you go?"

"I'll go there when summer vacation starts."

"I heard that your grandfather has signed up for a training camp for you. It's said that the kids who will take part in the training are from official or rich families. Make more friends there. Don't offend anyone, okay?"

"Okay." Said Sheffield lightly.

Hearing this, Wendy couldn't help asking, "Honey, what's the training camp for?"

Eric replied casually, "Presumably, a group of children are given low-intensity military training to improve their independence and physical fitness."

"I see." Wendy understood and asked, "Are there both boys and girls in it?"

"I think so."

After the dishes were served, everyone began to eat quietly.

Alina had been thinking about traveling during the summer vacation. She had heard about the training camp before, but she had forgotten it.

After studying hard for more than a month, Alina did well in the final exam.

She was in a good mood when she thought that in three days she could go to Eric and Wendy and ask them to let her travel.

But before that, she had to take part in the oral English competition.

The school attached great importance to this oral English competition and specially arranged a graduate English teacher to coach them. The contestants were required to come to the school for rehearsal every day after the final exam.

Alina and Leo went to the school in the morning and came back in the afternoon, as if they hadn't had a summer vacation.

The competition was about to start tomorrow. During the rehearsal, Leo asked Alina, "How are you going to spend the summer vacation?"

"If possible, I want to go out and have a look."

Leo blinked his eyes and asked seriously, "Where do you want to go?"

"All over the world, of course. If I have to choose a place, I hope it's Paris."

"Why?"

"Because there is the Eiffel Tower in Paris." Actually, she just felt that the word 'Paris' sounded good.

Leo seemed to keep it in mind.

On the third day after the summer vacation, it was not only the day when the transcripts were released, but also the day for the oral English competition.

Wendy didn't watch her daughter's competition because of Alina's words.

As for Sheffield, he went to watch it in secret.

Wearing a hat, he stood in the corner.

On the stage, Alina and Leo were performing in fluent English. He pursed his lips and felt stuffy in his chest.

No wonder she didn't complain when she rehearsed so late every day. It turned out that she was rehearsing with him!

Sheffield left before Alina finished her show.

Alina and Leo won the second prize in the competition. Mr. Su was so happy that he decided to treat them to a feast.

Then he drove them to a high-end western restaurant.

While waiting for dinner, Mr. Su put two transcripts on the table and said, "The final transcript, you two look at it."

The grades of the whole class were shown on the transcript, which had a ranking on it.

Alina picked it up and found her name on it.

With a total score of 707, she ranked first. It was 117 points higher than the second place!

707. On average, there were less than eighty points in each subject. Alina thought it was just so-so, so she calmly put the transcript into her pocket.