Chapter 1 (first meeting)

Mehmal and Zaryab have been married for a year. Mehmal is the daughter of Zaryab's aunt. During school, Zaryab had a crush on Anaya, but she later left

Mehmal's parents live in England. As a former UK government official, Mr Sikandar runs a small business there. She has a degree in media studies and is the only daughter of her parents. Only on vacation did they travel to Pakistan. Her father's home is located in an expensive area in Islamabad

Zaryab's father was a Retired Army officer and lived in Islamabad near Mehmal's father's house. They were not close cousins; she was closer to her father's side. After Zaryab completed his degree abroad, he came back to Pakistan as he got a job in a Multinational Company with a great package. His office was far from his father's home. He purchased an apartment in an expensive area close to the office.

Mehmal and her mother came to Pakistan for the wedding of Zaryab's sister, Sara. She was a girl of fair complexion and beautiful features. One can't take his eyes off her after seeing her once. She was lovely with long hair. She doesn't wear a hijab and is not a practising Muslim woman. She was an ordinary girl raised in London. She wore a dress of her choice.

Mehmal's beauty attracted not only Zaryab's parents but also every parent at the wedding. Even the groom's brother was also looking at her. Mehmal's eye caught Zaryab, but she didn't say anything. Zaryab was already moved on from his childhood crush as it was infatuation. It's not that Zaryab didn't like Mehmal. He was drawn to her, but not the same as other people.

******************

The Mehndi Event was in full bloom. Zaryab was heading upstairs, and Mehmal was coming down, and his eye caught her. He is aware of her beauty. She is an attractive woman, but today, she looks gorgeous in a lehenga choli and draws the attention of every male in the room. She smiled, and he didn't and gave her a space to cross.

Something happens in the Mammal's heart. He looked down when she crossed him. She knows she is not his type.

Mehndi was arranged in the banquet Hall. Zaryab was a liberal who didn't mind men and women dancing together. Mehmal was seated beside her mother and other family members. Zaryab looked at everyone in the hall and made arrangements. All my cousins were enjoying it. Zaryab was busy talking with the groom's friends. His eyes went to his Kalla and mehmal, who weren't enjoying themselves like other cousins. He knew she wasn't that close to everyone, so he thought to give her aunt and her some company.

"Hello, khala (aunt), why are you sitting here alone? Go and put henna on Sara's hand," Zaryab said.

" Ah, beta, I did it already; now I'm tired. Zarmeena is busy, so she gives me duty to company relatives here. " Zaryab nodded and looked at Mehmal. She was looking at their cousin's dance on the floor, sitting beside Khala. Mehmal didn't look at Zarayb's side, busy staring at the dance. She knows he is uninterested, and she can't talk to him only because she finds him attractive.

" Go, Mehmal. They are dancing there, and you didn't even put henna on Sara's hand." Sania said.

"I'll go when everyone is done," Mehmal replied. Zaryab and Mehmal's mother understood she was shy and was not much attached to her cousins. Sania Sikandar and her daughter Mehmal stayed at Zaryab's house until the wedding. Zarmeena Begum wasn't ready to let them live alone when Sikandar Bhai wasn't in Pakistan.

Zaryab stepped up from his chair and said, "Come with me. I'll take you there. You are waiting for nothing." Mehmal looked at her mother, who nodded. She hesitantly got up and followed him.

Sania Sikandar and Zameena Qureshi watched them as Mehmal Zaryab applied henna to Sarah's hand while on stage. Both of them complemented each other.

Zaryab keeps her company and helps her feel at ease around her relatives for the rest of the evening. She and Mujtaba, Zaryab's younger brother, who was a year younger than Mehmal, got along well. She was working on some news channels and earning a master's degree in London, which impressed Zaryab. She is very interested in photography and painting. She was quieter, and being a media member, zaryab was amazed that she only spoke when necessary. Zarayab notes that she finds it difficult to be frank with others.