Chapter 11

The sun's rays illuminated the room, and Zaryab's eyes opened with the sunlight.

He rubbed his hands and saw blood on his face and hands.
Shattered glass on the floor. Everything about last night's event came to his mind.
" Mehmal," he said and stood to grab the car keys and left for the hospital.

Mehmal was sleeping, and Sana was awake. Mujtaba brought the breakfast " Did she awake?" Mujtaba asked. Sana shook her head " How can Zaryab Bhai do this to Mehmal?" Sana asked. Mujtaba shrugged.

" I don't know what happened to him. He destroyed his house," he said.

" Can't he stop that marriage craziness?" she asked.

" It's his right, he thinks. How can I tell him not to do it? It's common sense our religion never allow marriage over ruining first marriage," he said.

" Mujtaba will you do the same with me?" she said, which made him turn to her in surprise.
" I'm not Bhai even I have any girl. I would rather control my male lust but will never destroy my happy house," he said. She smiled.

" Don't do it. I'm weaker than her, and see, even she can't bear this. How will I take it?" she said, and Mujtaba was getting irritated.

" Why are you comparing me with Bhai?" he asked. A sudden knock turned them towards the door.

Zaryab heard their conversation " Did she awake?" Zaryab inquired. Sana turned her face not to look at him. Mujtaba shook his head Zaryab nodded " Leave us alone for some time",  he said. Mujtaba and Sana looked at each other " Bhai, just see it from here. What if bhabi is awake" he said Zaryab gave him the glare, which made him shut his mouth. He nodded and took Sana out of the ward " Mujtaba stay close to the ward. What if Mehmal is awake baba will kill me" she nodded.

Zaryab walked to her bed. She was sleeping. He put his hands on her feet tears just came.

" Sorry, really sorry, I didn't mean it," he said, looking at her for a while. He walked to her and put a hand on her stomach." I'm sorry, beta baba is very bad," he said.

He walked closer to Mehmal and kissed her cheeks. He could not even think about it. His father did right by slapping him. He saw movement. He quickly walked out of the room. Sana and Mujtaba were there. "She is awake. Don't tell her I was here," Zaryab said. Sana nodded and walked in " Bhai, come, you need to clear the wounds. If you are guilty, then why you.." Zaryab didn't let him complete the sentence.
" Don't remind me, please I know I was pathetic?" he said and walked to the nurse.

In-office he was not in the mood for work. Anaya came. Zaryab straight himself on his chair " How are you?" she asked. She can see his face and how he is still handling it. She would need no insurance if his love stood up for her, even in front of Mehmal. She never wanted him to be physical with her.

" Do I look fine?" he said. She felt pity for him

" Zaryab, and you don't have to be ashamed of her behaviour. She is not in herself. I didn't mind", she said. He shook his head " I was going to slap her?" he asked to Anaya, who looked at him worried and shook her head " I never thought of doing this, especially to her? I just wanted to take her from there. Never wanted to slap. But now I thought what if in the moment I really out of mind and slap her" Zaryab said tears were glistening. She came near her, but Zaryab stopped her " Anaya, for tomorrow, I'm sorry, but I didn't realise she was in such a state", he said.