Chapter 21( Emer and Mehmal)

Mehmal settled in her room, which was provided to the embassy employees and some UN staff. She heard a knock on her " yeah, Come in", she said. Thomas came with a camera. "We shall go sightseeing. They will provide us jeep," Thomas says, and Mehmal nods.

" I will come down, " she said. He nodded. Their first tour was to the embassy where they would get an everything permission letter I'd card etc. When Mehmal came down, she saw Thomas and her crew staff watching something. She saw a man on his knee, the other person in front of him.
" What is he doing?" one of the members asked. Mehmal looked closely. One man was Jewish and in front of the man was a Muslim. Jewish man wears the uniform. He was a guard. The other Muslim man was tall. He was reciting Kalma ( Recitation of becoming Muslim), and a Jewish man was reciting after him. Then both stood and hugged each other.
" What is this?" Thomas asked " The Jewish man converted to Islam," Mehmal said, and all crew looked at her side and then at the man.

The man turned to them and walked towards them " Who is he?" Mehmal asked

" He is Emer Zaygil  Age seems to be 37-40 and maybe more. He is from Turkey and has a lot of hold in the foreign embassy here. You wouldn't believe it, Mehmal. He volunteered here from Turkey," Thomas said Mehmal turned to him. " HE IS EMER?" Mehmal asked by emphasising the words

" I read about him in London and even attended some of his conferences," he said, and the man came in front of them.
He was tall black hair and brown eyes. His complexion was fair. With one look, a man can recognise his Turkish identity.
" Hello, I got it now from Embassy. You guys arrived. I'm Emer zaygil " he extended his hand to Thomas. He shook it, and they all introduced him to him. He turned to Mehmal before she extended her hand. He put his hand on his heart and greeted her. Mehmal didn't know how to meet him. She was embarrassed she just nodded " Mehmal," she said. He nodded and turned to Thomas "  Jeep is waiting for the driver, and the security guard will take you for the tour, but please don't go to the restricted area without my permission." he said and walked out of place " He is handsome," someone said.
" He is doing his job. Let's go. We need to see the sides and then make a plan," Mehmal said and took her camera with her.
After their hectic routine, she came back to her room. A cold shower was what she needed. It's late at night. She took a shower in daylight or the morning now she has to face her body. She switched On the light and stood naked in front of the mirror. She opened her eyes she felt his hands on her body she closed them again and walked to the shower she was crying after hectic two weeks she again remembered Zaryab.

It would help if you made yourself busy Mehmal to forget him.

Mehmak did her wadu and came out for namaz. She was searching prayer mat, but she forgot they would not have it. She placed a bedsheet on the floor and offered her prayers.
She changed her dress into a shirt and pyjama with an upper and walked out of the room to eat dinner with her crew in the Dining area.
She passed through the hall where VIP rooms were located. A door was opened in one of the rooms. She passed the room but halted and stepped back.

It was Mr Zaygil's room. He was offering namaz. For a minute, she looked at the man. His namaz was so peaceful slow, and beautiful. He stayed in every sujood for a minute. Mehmal shook her head and left for the dining hall.

In the morning, her team visits the office. They need to demonstrate their idea to some officers who will see if they can work out the project. When they entered, some staff officers were there, Emer among them.
Mehmal starts explaining everything " As you know, we all are connected through media or some medium. Why do not we reach their voices with authenticity to the world? Because of humanity above all." Mehmal said she wasn't a religious woman and never brought religion into her work. It's just that this project required her to start from somewhere, and She chose the voice of Syria, Palestine, Yemen and other conflict areas where people are suffering because of state conflicts. Her motto was to positively depict the Muslim nation not to the world but at least to the Muslim world.
" Emer has been working here for the past five years. He couldn't do it, although he had a stronghold in the UK foreign embassy and some other embassies due to his family status, and he still got silent. What will your project bring? We invest in your project, but what if the outcome is not positive." the officer said. " Do you think so? I didn't try this before. Did I call the BBC and another news channel still everyone silent? Do you think, so your university project will bring change? Will give peace to these people." Emer asked Mehmal. Her crew members were looking at her for an explanation.