Chapter 53

Zaryab stepped out of the office.

Mehmal was in her room. She was sitting on the floor, and the baby's belongings were scattered. She was crying, holding the baby's Socks in her hand.

I had a daughter

She got up and went outside with baby things in her hand. Zaryab's house was not far from her house. If she walked, it would take 15 minutes to reach. She was strolling. Sania had not seen her go.

Emer had employed some secret guards for the security of Mehmal. When they saw Mehmal walking outside in a good state, they informed emer and followed her for which they had been instructed.

Zaryab was in the house. He was in a strange condition. After taking a bath, he was downstairs in the living room with everyone else busy preparing for Mujtaba's wedding. Zaryab was crying as if he was tired of this place. Zaryab felt that God had given him too much life. How long will he keep himself busy with this work? What will he do in this life if there is no mehmal in it? He realized he could not live without Mehmal. He felt suffocation. He opened the living room door, which opened directly into the lawn, and stepped out.

Mehmal entered the house. She was looking at the home. She remembered her wedding day decoration of the house and the fireworks in front of her. She fisted the socks and controlled her sob. Life changed in an instant. She never thought it would happen that one day she would be watching this house at the same spot strangely. That time this house was hers. Now the house doesn't belong to her.

There was a strange silence on the lawn. Moon lightens the lawn. There inside was yelling and shouting out loud, but outside silence. Zaryab closed his eyes and ran both his hands through his hair, and rested it on the back of his head, taking a deep breath. Tears filled in his eyes, but they didn't fall. He cleaned it. His eyes drifted to the other side of the lawn. It was near the gate where a woman was standing. He walked near and widened his eyes.

" NO, No, it's my illusion she can't be here," he mumbled.

When he saw the babies belonging in her hands

" Mehmal," he said. The figure didn't move.

"It is her. She is here".

He walked to her while she peeked at the house. Tears flowed from her eyes. Zaryab was surprised by her presence. She was upset that he could conclude by looking at the baby in her hand. He gently touched her shoulder, flinched her mehmal body, and she turned to him. There was silence between the two for a minute.

" MEHMAL," he said. Mehmal saw his lips move by her name.

" Are you ok?" he asked, gently touching her cheek. He knows she was upset by today's event " Come inside," he said Mehmal narrowed her eyes and pushed her hand.

" How did you know it was a girl? When I don't know. Don't pretend you care for her, so tell me, how did you know" she asked. Zaryab can see her beautiful eyes filled with fury. He sighs

" Come. We will talk inside our house," he said gently. This made her furious, and she grabbed him by the collar. He wore a white shalwar kameez, and mehmal had a plain black salwar kameez dubbatta spread on her body.

" I'm asking you something, zaryab. How do you know it was a girl" she shouted. Zaryab freed his collar with her hands.

" When We lost the child that day, I asked the doctor to give me my child. In no way will I let them use my child for their work and be cremated like an orphan," he said. Mehmal couldn't speak. She stared at him motionless. She remembered she didn't ask about the baby or anything.