Chapter 72

Zaryab was leaving for the office in the morning when Sania stopped him for breakfast.
"Mehmal came to me at night to sleep," she said zaryab gave her an unsettled gaze. " She climbed down on her own. She should awake me," he said in a disturbing tone. she smiled " Don't worry she is fine and sleeping " she replied. Zaryab sighed.

" ZARYAB MEHMAL AGREE TO BE WITH YOU AGAIN," she said zaryab was quiet. Taking time to process what just his mother-in-law said.

" If it's ok with you guys you shall start living together from this weekend we will perform your nikkah again. A gathering to announce your Union " she added. A curved smile appears on zaryab's face. " Did she agree?" he asked again grabbing her from both arms in excitement. She smiled and nodded multiple times. The surprise combined with the ecstatic feeling behind this news had his eyes watering up.
" I will inform Dr. Ali, and yeah Saturday is fine with me if it's fine with mehmal. I can wait if she needs time" he said " She will take time to adjust zaryab. The mehmal is lost somewhere you have to bring that mehmal back" she said zaryab smile fades away. He nodded " I know we both have to work hard." he said and mashed his lips hiding his excitement " Now go you are getting late. Now you have a nice day." she said.

*****************
Mehmal came into the living room Suleman and zaryab were chatting with Sania and Ezra with Suleman's mother was busy in their talk. Her eyes went to Ezra's tummy. She closed her eyes what if she really couldn't have a child.

" Mehmal," Suleman said her eyes went to him " We were waiting," he said with a smile. she smiles back her eyes went to zaryab who wasn't looking at her. She moves her chair to Ezra "How's our little Suleman " she asked Ezra smile " Like his father annoying me" she said making Suleman coughed " Me annoying, you are telling it in front of the people who see me like an obedient person" he said which make Ezra rolled her eyes " Believe me your husband shouldn't be your doctor.  He takes me from my cabin to check up" he said making mehmal laughed.

Her eyes went to zaryab who was smiling talking to Suleman but didn't look at her side once.

"so mehmal this Saturday is good. And I checked your therapy is going well. " Ezra said she smiled. Mehmal and zaryab eyes met and both of them drifted their eyes. " Yeah I talked to zarmeena and Hammad they send their blessing. I was planning to visit Pakistan soon." Sania said.

After they see off them. Zaryab went to his father in law study for some work which he is using for the last two weeks.  Mehmal started walking with a stick. For the last 3 days, zaryab didn't approach, and neither she did.  Sania was retired for sleep. Mehmal climbed up but she slipped the next step. Zaryab grabbed her.

" Are you ok? He asked she didn't reply straighten herself but her feet hurt. Zaryab took her in his arms which she resists
" Mehmal please cooperate," he said. He lay down on the bed and start inspecting her feet.

" Zaryab leave," she said but he didn't listen. He went to his room and came back with creme. He took her feet " zaryab I'll put it" she again said but he already starts messaging.

After a long time, his hands were running on her body. She was staring at him. Zaryab wasn't feeling different he looked up. Their eyes met. Both of them didn't say anything just looking at each other. He then blinked and came back in reality so does mehmal. He didn't wait and walked away.

Mehmal leaned back and sighed.

Zaryab was looking at his hands in his room. He couldn't touch her. Why he felt her so pure that he couldn't touch her. Why he felt so low in front of her.

Zaryab and Mehmal differences didn't create silence in them but so many barriers.

****************
Dr. Ali was in front of mehmal and Zaryab. He gave the nikkah papers to mehmal for whatever she wanted she can put her conditions. Haq mehar to her rights.
Mehmal didn't write any right and forgave Haq mehar.
During the whole week, zaryab wasn't even around her. He maintained the distance.

Mehmal observed since they came back from Palestine he didn't once try to approach her. He was just doing his duties as a husband.

Suleman and emer were among the witnesses. Dr. Ali asked mehmal which she took pause. Zadyab turned his gaze towards her. She sat beside him. Her hands were tightened.
" Mehmal," Dr. Ali asked again.

" Qabool Hai" she replied 3 times.

Dr. Ali asked zaryab he stopped and took the nikkah papers and wrote something. Dr. Ali announced the nikkah contract again.

Zaryab gave the right of divorce to mehmal. Mehmal who wore off white dress and long red dubbatta covered her face to shoulder. She turned to him.

In mehmal lifetime he will not marry again. Zaryab didn't turn to mehmal. He gave his Flat in America to her in Haq mehar along with his flat in Pakistan and a house in murree. Mehmal blinked her eyes. No one was as suprised as mehmal. Dr. Ali asked zaryab which he accepted by saying Qabool hai 3 times.

Nikkah was performed. Dinner was on the lawn. Emer elif was taking pictures with Mehmal. Zaryab didn't sit with mehmal there was no stage, a proper nikkah. Just reunion of two souls which is being celebrated.

Everyone took their leaves to enjoy the evening after so many hurdles a get-together was important.

Mehmal was in her room waiting for zaryab. His mother just left her and retired for sleep. Zaryab came she was sitting on the side of the bed. Mehmal was looking at the room where she cried for him so many times and now, waiting for him as a bride again. She saw him from her dubbatta which her mother gave her again when she left.

Sania sahiba wanted to create such typical scene to develop the wedding feeling in them
Mehmal was missing sana at this point. Zaryab sat on bed.

Mehmal felt she wasn't that mehmal. Zaryab was feeling nervous. He looked at his hand which couldn't touch her. He was feeling the same. He turned to her and lifted the dubbatta. He has never seen a beautiful woman other than her or maybe no women to him appear beautiful. Mehmal lifted her eyes. She felt she is not that mehmal who was excited. Zaryab had a box in his hand along with some papers.

" These are you haq mehar. House and flats." He gave her. Then open the box and extended to her . " I'll offer the two nafal did you offered? " he asked she nodded he walked to her wardrobe to change and do wadu. Mehmal saw the box and what inside made her cry.

Her earrings and ring. Which zaryab gave her first time and the ring was her mun dikhai.

She touched the earnings and ring

He still has it.

She cleaned the tears. Zaryab had worn loose shalwar kameez. He took the praying mat and offered the nafal. Mehmal put the things at the side and waited for him. Her gaze went to him. His namaz was slow beautiful like She saw offering Emer and Dr. Ali.

He completed his namaz and walked to her. His eyes were soft. Mehmal long hair had dubbatta her off white dress was a long gown.

Mehmal had decided to tell him she is not ready for today. Accepting doesn't mean they can do everything but what makes her surprised. He bends down. Mehmal halted. He put his head on her lap. He was crying. He didn't say anything just his head in her lap.

"It was a long road to home." he said

**********************************