Chapter 40

Mehmal was having her shopping with Sana. Mujtaba's call came. "Where to Mehmal?" He asked. Mehmal looked at Sana, who was looking at Dupatta. "Come inside. It will take me ten minutes. I'll go and see where we eat upstairs, Are you ahead in Centaurus? "she asked " Yeah, just parking the car. Wait, did you call me to help with your shop?" He asked Mehmal to chuckle " No, I'm done with it. Just want to meet you," she said.

Sana and mehmal were in the cafe mehmal had already sent the Restaurant name.

Probably from where ever he came, Sana's back was towards him. Mehaml thought.

Sana, I'll come from the bathroom," Mehmal said. Sana was looking at the menu and nodded her head. Mehmal got up, and Mujtaba was coming. He smiled at mehmal. "Mujtaba," Mehmal said,

Sana's felt she heard wrong. How can he be here?

She immediately turned, and in front of her was Mujtaba. Her breath became dry. Mujtaba's eyes went to Sana the colour of his face changed.

" I'll come from the washroom. You go and sit with Sana. I'll join you," she said in a casual tone. Mujtaba's eyes were still on Sana's. He turned to Mehmal, who mashed her lips. He sighed and shook his head in anger.

" Why Mehmal," he asked. Before he could say anything, Sana grabbed her bags and wallet and moved away. " Sana, stop," Mehmal said.

"Mehmal, I don't think so you should interfere. I know you are feeling guilty but believe me, it's not your fault. Everything happens for a reason," Sana said. Mujtaba heard as well.

" Yes, mehmal, you shouldn't involve yourself. It's not your mistake. Our love was weak. We are not for each other," he said. The last sentence was for Sana, who looked at him, raising her eyebrows.
" Look, guys, I know I shouldn't interfere, but at least before moving on, you guys should go..."

" What do you mean by our love was weak surely from your side," Sana said mockingly. Mehmal was silent. Mujtaba laughed Sarcastically.

" MY SIDE?" he asked. Sana glared at him and turned away but grabbed her arms.
" MY SIDE?" he asked again. Mehmal was looking at them. They both are getting a few eyes from other customers.

" You didn't talk to me once when I called you a hundred times, but you didn't pick it up. You dumped me, Coward," he said mehmal and sana both opened their mouth a little at his outburst.

"It was a bad idea. "Mehmal tries to snatch Sana's arm from Mujtaba's grip, but Sana pushes Mehmal's hands back and looks at Mujtaba angrily.

" You called me a coward." She snatched her arms from him and then hit on his chest.

" You ran away the very next day. Mujtaba, you accept the decision easily. You proved you are zaryab bhai. I was scared of baba, but if you.."

" O really, now it's the mistake. Fine, I ran away because your father rubbed your engagement on my face, and you were not picking up my phone. What do I get it? You don't want anything from me," he said. Mehmal regrets calling them restaurants. She thought they would be civil, but they were getting enough attention from the public.

" I'm sorry you guys were right. I shouldn't interfere. Let's go, Sana. Sorry, Mujtaba," Mehmal said. She somehow dragged Sana away. But hit someone, and the shopping bags fell to the ground.

" Oh, sorry," Mehmal grabbed the bag from the floor and hurried to stand to give it to the woman. When she saw the woman's face, anger appeared in her eyes. Everything flashed in front of her.

She was Anaya.

Sana was still looking back at the restaurant when she felt Mehmal's silence and turned to where she was looking.