Chapter 42

Zaryab climbed up the stairs when he heard Mujtaba yelling. He went to the living room. He was pacing here and there. His parents were on the couch. Their eyes drifted to Zaryab. "Waiting for you," Mujtaba said. His work tone was harsh, which snapped Zaryab's head towards his parents' confused state, trying to understand the situation. Then his gaze drifted back to Mujtaba, who nodded his head in sighed.

"Ok, but whatever you want to say, softer your tone," Zaryab said.

Mujtaba was at a place where he forgot his cultural values and customs.

Zaryab sat beside his parents. He was tired and devastated, but still, he was responsible for Mujtaba state, and he wanted to start it from him.

"Sana called me. You went to meet Sania khalla; I told you.." zaryab cut him.

"Yes, I went to her house, and she also wanted to talk to me. It's between her and me. If you want to talk about other issues, I'm here," He said. Mujtaba mumbled something under his breath. His eyes went to his parents, then back to zaryab. He shook his head in defeat. "Fine, "he said

"What is going on here, Zaryab? You went to meet Sania without me. Did she ask you to come? And Mujtaba, since when you are talking to Sana. Don't forget she is going to get married in two weeks. What are you up to?" Zarmeena asked if his father was quiet by his silence. Zaryab understood he got it, and he had an idea of what was going on here.

"Mom, you are not going there if you want to take Mamu with you." Zaryab knows in the presence of their brother Aunt Sanai will not say those words to his mother that he had listened to. She nodded and turned to Mujtaba, who rubbed his hand back on the head, and his gaze flickered away.

"He and Sana are in contact," Zaryab said. Mujtaba gave him a glare which he ignored.

" Mujtaba asks Sana if she wants to marry you. If yes, then we will talk to uncle, " Zaryab asked, and Mujtaba chuckled, mocking at him

"Don't do anything. Your image is not good there." He said Zaryab didn't say anything about his insult.

"Hammad will not agree. You know Sana, she can't take a stand for a girl. I wouldn't let you boys manipulate her to stand against my brother. You'll find me beside my brother," she said.

"Ask Sana her decision. Leave rest to me," zaryab said. Mujtaba turned his head from his parents to his brother, who got to his feet and stood before him. Mujtaba rushed his hand over his face and sighed low. "No need to interfere; I'll handle it. If you can do anything, why were you quiet till now? "Mujtaba asked Zaryab shrugged " I was in my mess, and Sana didn't approach us in any way, and you left the next day, so I thought she didn't want to marry our family, "he said. Mujtaba shook his head." You and your Excuses" Zaryab looked to the other side and shook his head. "Mujtaba, "Zarayb put his hand on his shoulder while Mujtaba removed it quickly. "I'll handle it." He said and left the place. Zaryab sighed and excused his parents.

He was walking towards his room when he heard Mujtaba saying.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to mamu myself," he said. "No, Not tomorrow. I'll come with baba and mama.... sana, please try to understand I can't do it tomorrow. Welcome them, but no need to talk to your fiancé," he said Zaryab rubbed his hand on his face.

"Idiot will make himself in trouble," zaryab mumbled and walked to his room.

Mehmal isn't happy with the MOU. Emer was likewise not in favor, but instead, he told her that MMC is under OIC and they have the right to do that.

"Still, Emer, I'm not in favor. I'm the head. They should ask me," she said emer sighed.

Emer knows mehmal doesn't understand the pressure of the head of state and how they are bound to the power of the states.