Chapter 2 (Nikkah)

Sania Sahiba turned to face her sister. Sania Sikandar was an attractive, tall woman. She hasn't reached 50 yet, but she has kept her figure quite nicely.

Sania remarked, unsure what to say at this time of the night, "I'll talk to Sikandar. It's a major decision. I can't give you an answer now, but I like Zaryab. Mehmal like your family as well. " Zarmeena decided to clarify what she had sensed.

"Zaryab might not be as wealthy as Ahmed and Suleman, but he'll not let Mehmal lack anything," Zarmeena reassured her.

. "Oh No, it's not like that. We know Zaryab is educated and well-groomed. I'll ask Mehmal and Sikandar, but we must go tomorrow. If it's in Allah's will, then it will happen. We will visit shortly afterward."Sania grinned, and zarmeena nodded in agreement

When Zarmeena Sahiba returned to her room, Zaryab was already there with his father. " What did she say?" Zaryab asked.
" She will talk to Mehmal and Sikandar Bhai. She can't say yes without asking them," she replied,

" Did they postpone their flights?" Zaryab asked. He was not excited before, but after Mehmal's approval, he became impatient. But his statement stunned Qureshi Sahab and zarmeena.

Mr. Qureshi retorted, "Why would they cancel their flights when something happens? They will return. They can't discuss such matters in one night." Realizing that his parents were helpless. He thought of talking with Mehmal to find a solution so he could not let her go.

In-room, Zaryab was roaming here and there. He didn't have Mehmal's number, so he asked Sarah, and she didn't even read his message yet. She didn't even attend his call. He becomes more impatient.

He was going out to get air when he saw Mehmal come out of her room. He saw her going into the Kitchen to get water. He quickly went to her. She smiled when she saw him. "You haven't slept yet," she asked while getting a water bottle from the refrigerator.

" How can I sleep when I get to know you guys are going tomorrow and there is no answer from your side yet, " he said while lining up to counter Mehmal smiled " I'm going but to get back permanently, " she said, he smiled. Zaryab refrains from saying anything more since he doesn't want to sound corny or cheap.

" I didn't get your number," he said, and Mehmal took the jug. Before she walked out ", I have your number. I'll text you. By the way, are you coming to see us off at the airport, " she asked " I have an office. Even if I don't have an office, I would never go and see you off. Yes, I'll pick you definitely," he said Mehmal giggled.

" Why?" She asked, " I don't know, but how can a person see off someone when he doesn't know he will ever meet her or not and especially when I have two people in the competition," he said. It was strange when there was no emotional attachment, but he didn't want her to go.

" Ok, then, see you at breakfast. Good night, " she said and walked out of the Kitchen while Zaryab was still in Kitchen. What if he will never sees her again? There is no emotional feeling, but why was he feeling that way? It was the only reason he proposed to her other than his liking. The major reason was her going.

Oh, Zaryab, where you put yourself. You are this when she is nothing to you. What will happen to you when she comes into your life? Zaryab said to himself.
*************

It had been three days since Mehmal had gone. Still, there had been no response. Zaryab also did not ask in his house what he asked, and the answer was in front of him. The problem was that even Mehmal was not responding to WhatsApp. Uncle may disagree, and she is avoiding embarrassment.

Zaryab was back living in his flat soon after everyone left because the office was far away from his parent's house. He had just returned from attending a meeting when his mother called him to visit home after office.

After the office, he went straight home. It had been a week since Mehmal had gone back. He left a text but didn't get any reply.

Zaryab's parents were in the living room, along with Mamo (mother's brother), Mami, and Tayya (father's brother ) Tai. Mujtaba was also there.

When Zaryab noticed that everyone had a conversation and laughter, he remarked, "There was a feast; you didn't tell me, Ami (mother).

"Oh, at last, he arrived. Go change, and then we'll chat", Mr. Qureshi remarked, to which Zaryab smiled.

Zaryab returned to the living room after getting dressed. The parents of Zaryab led him into their bedroom.
Zarmeena informed his son, "Sania called in the morning," which alarmed Zaryab. Zarmeena looked at his son and said, "They accepted the proposal, and we did, too, on your behalf. You have no objection, right?" For a brief moment, Zaryab comprehended everything that had happened. Mr. Qureshi asked, "We did, right," causing Zaryab to turn to his father. "Yeah, yeah, of course. So that's all you talked about?" Zaryab asked his mother.

"If you don't object, they want your and Mehmal's nikkah to go place today so they can register there," Zarmeena said. Zaryab is now feeling more uneasy. He was unprepared and didn't expect to hear that from them.
Zaryab got up from the chair and asked, "Is it too quick? Don't you think we should do it properly? I mean, I don't know."

" Is this why everyone is gathered? Don't tell Molvi is there as well" zarmeena Sahiba nodded. "Wow, I never imagined having my nikkah like that without Rukhsati," he added. Zarmeena and Qureshi Sahab exchanged glances.

" WE can tell them to perform it when they come," Mr. Qureshi said as he stood from the bed.
" No, no, don't take it seriously. It's just that I want a proper nikkah with Ruksati, but that's ok. They have a reason they have to register for it as well." Zaryab said.

" So now we will inform everyone to perform the Nikkah?" Zarmeena stood and asked.
" Yes, of course, I'll be there in a minute," he said. Zaryab sighed and smiled. He is getting the girl.

Haq Mehr was absolved from the marriage license with the bride's permission. As long as Mehmal is married to Zaryab, he will not remarry ( he still can marry, but with this condition to take divorce, she would not sin to Allah, and she can take divorce from him if she can't tolerate his second marriage). The bride is granted the right to divorce.

Zaryab and his family didn't object to anything other than to forgive Mehar because he had to give something to Haq Mehar. Zaryab was grateful for Mehmal's kind heart. But it did not please his conscience. He also handed over his flat in Haq Mehr.

The molvi performed when Nikah Mehmal's face was covered in a long veil. She wore an off-white nikkah dress and a Sania Iskandar Nikkah dress. Zaryab couldn't see his face. Soon after their nikkah, everyone congratulated them because Mehmal started crying, and Zaryab couldn't see her. He was furious that the first marriage happened without Rukhsati. Now, he couldn't see his wife.

" Let's Go, son; dinner is already placed because of Nikkah. We couldn't eat it" Mr. Qureshi took him to the dining room. Only ladies were left in the living room, and Sania Iskandar was on the laptop screen.

Soon after eating, his mood also improved. At least he couldn't be angry today, especially with Mehmal, so he texted her, forgetting his anger for not replying.

Hello begum (wife)
He was in the room, and the text came from Mehmal.

Salam

They started conversing. The actual Ruksati and walima were held after two weeks, and Mehmal and her family were scheduled to arrive the following week. Both Zaryab and Mehmal were happy. He gave out the sweets the next day at work and invited his coworkers to Walima.
********