Chapter 23

For the whole week, they were shooting for Gaza and met different people. One of the crew members edits the videos. Thomas somehow got a van with his connections, and he designed the whole van. They have a proper production system. If Palestine coverage gave positive feedback, media collaboration could be possible. Mehmal wanted to put the project's base and her Crew as her support system.

" Did you decide on any name Mehmal?" Thomas asked.

"Muslim Media collaboration MMC," Mehmal replied.

" If it succeeded, the next spot would be Syria, Yemen, and other countries. But that will be only news coverage. It can be expanded from entertainment to talk shows, and different worlds connect to one," she said, her team observing her enthusiasm.

" It's for further. Let's start from here, which is not as easy as we think." Thomas said Mehmal nodded " Thomas, you and all can back out if you want to. Nothing is hidden; I would never forgive myself if something happened to you guys, "she said to her crew. They were five teammates others were working in the UK. Designers' social media managing team OIC is funding them, and if it succeeds, the media collaboration will have recognition from other organizations as well.

********

Zaryab was looking at the mail. He remembers Mehmal applied for it, and he said it's challenging to get. He gave the interview even though the salary package at this company is also a good dream job, but the post he applied for and interviewed for has perks.

" Offer letter  " Zaryab was happy if Mehmal were here, he would tell her and his mother first and take her for dinner. " Zaryab accepted the offer, and Joining would be after one month. Enough time to inform the previous company.

His sudden call from the boss makes him worried he goes to his office.

He was sitting in front of members and his boss. They got a huge loss. Anaya's project was declined by the company where they invested. They don't want to work further, and all investments the company puts in will take time to recover.

" Zaryab, I know you just supported, but everyone warned you and Anaya. Now tell me will she recover the cost," the Boss asked " You all signed it, and none of you stopped it," The boss was yelling at everyone.

" They say the investment cost is low. They need more; otherwise, the project is finished, and we will give them more didn't we have other projects and staff" The boss yelled, " Who designed the project financial report?" He looked at Zaryab, whose signature was on it with other members, and Anaya made a report. They agreed Anaya handled everything.
Zaryab was furious at Anaya, and his reason was genuine, but he was mad at himself. He wasn't satisfied till he let it pass.

Was he blind enough that he destroyed everything

The other members were furious about why they approved. Anaya's work was to bring projects with her staff under her.
" where is she?" Boss asked " She is in her office," someone said Zaryab knew what would happen to both of them. Both of them would be fired.
Anaya's insult was something no one liked, but who would stop the boss Zaryab was insulted like every member.

The next day his boss called him at his office " You and her relationship ruined the company image. What will I tell the chairman about what staff I hired? Not only they gave us a loss but a scandal as well. The second marriage wasn't the problem. It was an office romance, and your wife leaving you is a problem. Look, I know it's your issue, but it should stay personal." he said Zaryab was embarrassed. His character was ruined so does Anaya's.

" I want you and Anaya to write a resignation letter. That's all I can do for you before I'm forced to fire you both," he said, but Zaryab had already put his resignation on the table " Don't fire Anaya. I take all blame. She gave me the project and financial report. I took it for approval, so it's not her mistake. She just brought it," Zaryab said. He knows she has a father and brother to look after " You are saving her," he asked. He shook his head " What should I do," he said.

Anaya was ashamed zaryab saved her. He was packing his stuff when Anaya came " Zaryab, you don't have to do it. It was my mistake." she said. "Anaya, it's ok. Everything happens for a reason you focus on. Next time it was your last warning; take care of your family," he said and walked out of the office.

Will I not see you again? Anaya said

Zaryab came home. His uncle has come with his wife and Taya Tai( father's brother and wife). Zaryab sat with them. " when is your wedding?" his aunt asked. He looked at her to find some words " Thank God you broke that marriage. I told your Taya( uncle) she will not live here for more than two months. These girls who live abroad and are groomed there have no patience and don't know how to make a house." her words not only hurt Zadyab but Zarmeena
" Bhabhi Mehmal is not like that. She is my niece. She suffered a lot," Zarmeena said Zaryab tightened his fist " Leave it, zarmeena. I met Anaya, what a beauty, a perfect wife material, "she said. That was it " Tai, please, I respect you but will not hear a single word more from you about my wife," he said. His Aunt looked at him with wide eyes.
" ZARYAB" His father yelled his name " She is your aunt," he added Zaryab stayed quiet.
" Leave it, Bhai sahib. When Anaya comes, he will forget her. Now he fulfills his desire of marrying that foreign girl who has lived with her for a year and now marries a sophisticated woman here. Anaya.." that was the last straw
" That's it, Tai. What did you say? Fulfill my desire. She is my wife, my honor. She lives here," Zaryab pointed to his heart " She is still my wife, and I will never forget her. You are right. We lived for a year. She was the perfect wife, more perfect than any girl for me."Zaryab yelled. Everyone stood from their seats.
" Zaryab," his father yelled " Have you forgotten your manners," he said, " Leave it, Bhai, he forgets it. You are in pain but now get yourself straight. Soon new bride will come to house b..." Zaryab left the place and walked out of the house. He was running where he didn't know.
He felt the pain of losing something. If he married Anaya at that time, would Mehmal and Anaya face such a reality?

Zaryab, what were you thinking? Mehmal will face these words if you bring Anaya. Why you are worried is not your problem.

Zaryab's inner voice was saying to him sarcastically

Your desire is to marry them and then leave it to them what people say. It's not your problem. It's your wife's problem because they have to face the consequences.

Zaryab felt the reality he couldn't tolerate, and he wanted Mehmal to face it.

He understands Anaya will be the second wife. It's her choice, but Mehmal, she didn't want that, and you pathetic man wants her to accept Anaya's time-sharing and jealousy, and now people make fun of and pity her. Why? Because you are the husband and she's a wife, she should be the one to sacrifice and show patience. Zaryab felt pathetic. His inner voice asked him again.

We men Married and left the women to face the world, and you were doing the same if someone says anything to Anaya, you will tell her it would happen. You know the consequences.

What about Mehmal? You will tell her to let them say why you care. We husbands have a simple reason for avoiding the issue to ignore it and take it lightly in front of our wives.
Did you want that life for mehmal? Why? What are you zaryab? What do you think about yourself? Are you of American nationality holder like Ahmed, or are you in any way better than Suleman?

Zaryab felt the heat inside. He was sitting on a bench
His aunt's words pained him. He felt something more than guilt.

************************