Chapter 6 ( Happy paradise)

Mehmal bought every single item of the house of her choice. When Zaryab asked, he would just give his opinion. But the two of them made this flat their home beautifully. Everything was stunning. Whoever sees it admires the decore of the flat.

Zaryab had kept cook and maid but Mehmal removed both. And he hired a servant who didn't know how to cook, but he knew how to wash the dusty dishes and made Roti, boil the rice, and breakfast.

The flat was in one of the most expensive places. The terrace of the flat had a beautiful view of the Margalla hills. Zaryab and her often sat there and drank coffee in the same cup. Mehmal was in his arms and would put his fingers in her hair and play with them.  That becomes their routine after dinner.

In the first month, they had attended all the dinners with relatives and friends colleagues. They shift to the flat a week later. All was done with Salami money.

Servants are still not hired.

"Tell me, Zaryab, what are you going to eat?" Mehmal had put the dishes in the kitchen in the dishwasher and asked from there. Zaryab was adjusting the paintings on the wall in the lounge. " Depend on what you can cook," he said. Mehmal came out of the kitchen.
" Almost everything. If there is something, don't worry. Food fusion is here, " she said Zaryab laughed

"Then Dal Roti my favorite, " he said Mehmal smile dropped she is not a good cook but she can almost cook everything she knows because of her mother.

"That can't be made," Mehmal said sadly. Zaryab thought for a momen. It was the easiest dish.
"Dal is easy" he commented. Mehmal sat on the sofa " Dal is no a problem" she said " then?" He asked.
" Roti (bread)" she replied.
" you don't know how to make roti. It's ok. I don't want Gol Roti; I can eat in any shape, even Pakistan map shape," he commented with a laugh. She rolled her eyes " Very funny; I know how to make Roti", she said.

"Then what"s the issue, " he asked?
" Its roti material is not made and I don't know how to do it?" She said embarrassing he laughed.

" My wife can cook everything and her husband know how to make the Roti material perfect match," he said and pressed his fingers in her cheeks to cheer her.
" Really? You know " she asked astonishingly. He nodded.

" what you think who cook for me in Australia," he said and walked to the kitchen mehmal walk behind him. Soon both of them were in the kitchen with a flour mixture.
"Just a little water not much and mix it with your beautiful hands," he said and teaching her she tried but not done properly, at last Zaryab had to interfere. He stood behind her and helping her " No like this" he said intertwining his hands with her, both of them were mixing.

Both of them after lunch decorated the house. Mehmal brought the plants she has a hobby of gardening.

"See, Zaryab is not these beautiful ", Mehmal said Zaryab looked out from the lounge. The beautiful bail of leaves and plants on the floor and their sitting place makes the terrace ecstatic and Margalla hills view makes it more beautiful and breathtaking.

It's been 6 months since their wedding and love was unconditional. Mehmal becomes very good friends with the wives of Zaryab's colleagues. It was an Eid occasion on Mehmal in-law's house she looked gorgeous in her peach dress and Zaryab in navy blue kurta shalwar.

" Mehmal you should have come for Chand Raat I'll put the henna at your hands," Sana said looking at Mehmal hands. All cousins were sitting outside on the lawn.

" Ask your Bhai. I told him to take me to your salon. It is crowded. I left it early. He was eagerly waiting outside and didn't allow me to take the Car by myself, " Mehmal said Zaryab rolled his eyes. They all were eating Bar b Que Mehmal was eating from Zaryab plate.
"It's her first Eid in Pakistan. Tell her guys why I didn't allow her to go out alone," zaryab said to his male cousins.
" Zaryab Bhai did right. It was Chand Raat idiots Roaming during these days," Mujtaba said.
" she fought with me. I bought a mehndi cone for her, " he said.

"Yeah what will I do with the cone I don't know how to use" Mehmal interrupted " But I didn't design bad" Zaryab said and show the design to Sana. " Did I?" Zaryab asked Sana, who gave a sympathetic look to Mehmal.

" Honestly, Bhai, I can make a circle better than yours", Mujtaba commented, "What didn't you guys see? The hard work? I never used such things before, plus you can't draw a straight line. Will you draw a circle?" Zaryab said in his defense.

Everyone laughed design was terrible, but Mehmal didn't object when Zaryab said he'll design. It took him an hour to search for a simple and easy design, and at last, he drew a circle and put his name below it. Mehmal laughs at his stunt " why your name ?" She asked. He shrugged "what can be a better design than having your husband's name on your hands," he said. She laughed at him, and she was laughing now, remembering again.

" Go bring more Barbeque for me," Mehmal said, and like an obedient husband, he brought.  He knows Mehmal loves Barbecue.

Soon their elders joined " Zaryab beta, when are you giving us Good News " It was Zaryab Taye (uncle's wife) Mehmal blushed and was embarrassed  " Soon, really soon, just my boss will come from vacation ", Zaryab replied. Everyone looked at Zaryab with shock and then laughed Mehmal was more embarrassed.

" ZARYAB, she means to make us grandparents, not to your promotion," zarmeena Sahiba said angrily. "O", Zaryab replied, "Actually, everyone was asking me about the promotion, I thought." he didn't say anything further in embarrassment.

When Both of them came to their room, Mehmal was changing the channel on TV. Her aunt's talk was in her mind. They were staying at Zaryab's parents' home when Zaryab returned with a cup of coffee and smiled at her.

They both were sitting and watching some random show on TV. Zaryab was messaging his fingers in Mehmal hair. She took a sip from him. " Zaryab do you like kids," she asked Zaryab concluded it was because of today's conversation.

" yes, but not now," he said. Mehmal lifted her head " why not, " she asked " Mehmal, we married recently don't you think so we should give some time to each other, " he said. She was looking into his eyes. She shook her head " I want kids, " she said more as an order.

" Mehmal, come here, I'll explain " he extended his arms, but she pushed them away " I want it ", she was damn serious. Zaryab realised she had become like every other ordinary wife. Other women's comments and views affect her. He smiled and extended his hand. " OK, Whatever you want," he said. Mehmal smiled and put her head on his chest.

*****************