Chapter 14 ( Suffering )

Zaryab's eyes opened with the bang of the door. He opened it. Mujtaba was there; behind him were his mother and father, who were stopping Mujtaba. He pushed Zaryab so hard that he fell on the floor. "Mujtaba" his parents shouted.
" How pathetic you can be. You ruined my life," Mujtaba shouted at him. " Mujtaba," Zaryab said. He was stunned by his brother's behavior " YOU," Mujtaba pointed his finger at him. He was furious, and his eyes were red with relentless crying.

"You could not make your house. You didn't let me make it," he said sharply.

"They are marrying her to someone else. You knew I loved her since I don't know the meaning of love. You destroyed it. I told you to accept everything they demand, but you still in marrying that homewrecker," Mujtaba said " Mujtaba," Zaryab shouted and stood from the floor.

"Did you lose your manners? At what tone are you talking to me" Zaryab said. Mujtaba became more violent. He threw a vase on the floor " Mujtaba," Qureshi Sahab was stopping him from arguing further.

" If you can bring that bitch to my house by sacrificing my love. You are mistaken. You sacrifice your marriage for other women, but why have I been punished?" Mujtaba yelled and pushed Zaryab again.

" Mujtaba, you are not in your senses. Get out of here," Zaryab said. Qureshi Sahab was dragging Mujtaba from there " I'm leaving this house because he didn't sacrifice his wife for her but his brother as well. I'm leaving you and everyone. I wish Zaryab Qureshi would feel the same pain I felt. When you feel that pain remember my ME," he said and left. Zaryab stood on his spot like a statue. Mujtaba's behavior hurt him beyond. His mother looked at him in shame.

Zaryab was looking at the papers he had signed. He was walking downstairs when his mother stopped him " where are you going?" He looked at her.
" Bringing Her back," He replied " She will not be back. They told you she signed Zaryab. Why.." zaryab got irritated
" Mama, I need to talk to her. I would not calm down till I didn't talk to her. I'll do whatever she'll say under every condition. She'll be back. I know her. She's upset. I'll make up to her. I WILL NOT LET ANYONE COME BETWEEN US, not even Anaya, if she is the problem. I'll not marry her. Not in any way will my marriage be sacrificed for Anaya," he said and walked out of the house.

He was outside the Mehmal house. House was full of darkness. He rang the bell a servant came.

" Is Mehmal baji at home?" he asked the servant, looking at him astonishingly.
"Zaryab Sahab, they all back to London in the evening," he said. His words stop Zaryab's world and his breathing. He was feeling numb.
Everything Numb. His steps were staggering.

She left. LEFT
He dialed everyone's number it was off. He was driving a car At full speed.  His tears were not stopping
You left. You promised me. Mehmal, how could you leave me? Zarayab said and hitting the staring wheel

Zaryab came back home zarmeena was waiting for him on the lawn. He looks heartbroken " Zaryab did you talk?" She asked zaryab and looked at his mother. He was quiet. His eyes were red before zarmeena asked him further. His body fell on the floor

In London

Mehmal was sitting in her room curtains were closed. Her aunt entered the room. It was dark, but the sunlight was coming from the curtains. She parted it " Mehmal bacha, what is this? " she asked Mehmal was lying on the bed.

" Come down, I made chicken bread," she said and ran her hands on her head " Bacha, look at yourself. What have you done yourself," she told  Mehmal, crying," I'm not in the mood. Leave me," she said, and her aunt sighed and nodded. Sania was at her room door looking at her daughter. " she been like that since she came back," Sania said to her sister-in-law Aisha " I'll talk to Suleman to invite her friends or to take her out," Aisha said. Sania nodded " I'm sorry, but I never prefer Zaryab over Suleman. It's mehmal own decision," Sania said " Don't be bhabi now; I just want my bacha to be better," she said.