Chapter 41

Zaryab stayed outside Mehmal's house for a long time. He would put his hand on the bell again and again, and then he would not be able to ring it. He doesn't understand how to approach them.

He huffed, and At last, he rang the bell. The servant came, "Tell Mehmal Baji, Zaryab has come." the servant went in to inform them he was waiting outside. He wouldn't be surprised if they didn't let him in.

He blows out in nervousness. Soon he saw Sania Khalla coming out. She was changed and weak. " Asslam o alikum Khalla, " zaryab said, but she just nodded.

" Mehmal is not at home. If she does, I won't let you meet her, zaryab. It would be best if you met her only in Court. I wish that were also only one time," she said, making zaryab look down in embarrassment, searching for words. Sania looked at him in disgust.

"Khala, sorry for your loss uncle was a very good person. Allah gives him the highest place in Jannah," he said. Sania stared at him and then nodded.

" Ameen, but You did not only come for condolence. I know why you are here, Zaryab.? Why not let my daughter live? Are you that pathetic to call her and take the divorce? She is out of your life, Zaryab moving on. She didn't ask anything. Go ahead and marry the woman of your choice. She wasn't for you, Zaryab. Don't worry, and I'll marry off her to someone better," she said, making zaryab shut his eyes and then open them colliding with the fierce brown eyes which resembled Mehmal.

"Khala, please don't do this. I accept my mistakes and will not do them again. I'll make your daughter happy I promise you to please don't take her away from me." he said, making Sania chuckle.

" I know, Zaryab, your male ego is hurting. No man is happy to see his beloved or ex-wife move on with someone else. Especially a woman who is still attached to you in some way," she said Zaryab's eyes pulled closer at her words, and a blink of rage flashed through his entire being. He felt pain inside him. He rushed a hand over his face.

" Did my words hurt you?" Sania asked zaryab, who was controlling himself, looking back at her. He didn't say anything, just rubbing his hands with each other. He deserves all this, no matter how bitter the words. He didn't come with expectations of getting treatment of son in law or getting any good word of mouth.

Sania saw his expression. She opened her gate for him to come inside. Zaryab was looking at her then his eyes drifted to the gate which was opened to him. Sania turned and started walking inside. He thought she would tell him to get off here, but that was not what he was expecting. She wanted to humiliate him first outside, which he deserved, so that he didn't sit inside hoping to get anything, now inviting IN meant she wanted to say something which couldn't be said outside.

Zaryab came with her to the living room. She went inside her room. A servant came with a glass of water and asked whether he needed anything else, to which he shook his head. He gulped down the water, which he needed desperately. He knows she wouldn't let him IN if there is nothing to say that means she wanted to meet him in Mehmal's absence.

" Mehmal will not come till night she is with Sana. You are thinking, right, I have something which I don't want to discuss in her presence," she said zaryab didn't say anything. She put the folder on the table on his side. He was flustered between her and the folder she had put in front of him.

" This is a divorce paper that mehmal is taking from you for the following reasons. She needs nothing from you already returned the Mehr and every gift from your side," she said, anger igniting inside him.

" When I saw you with that woman in the car. My daughter was traumatised, and you were enjoying the coffee and weather. I was taking medicines for my daughter, and her husband enjoyed his time with other women. I felt the same as you are feeling now. This," she pointed to zaryab's eyes " This anger", she said Zadyab couldn't meet her eyes. He quickly looked down. The rage turned into anguish. A tear fell from his eyes, tears of remorse. He wanted to drown in the sea of remorse.