Chapter 22 (Tea)

Mehmal was working in her cubicle, a room provided by the office to her and her crew.

"Hello, who is Miss Sikandar " a woman in hijab with jeans and a long shirt came. Mehmal looked up and signalled towards herself.

The woman looked at Mehmal she looked at Mehmal for a second. She found Mehmal beautiful and stylish and looked so young she thought such ideas came from very bold Islamic women.

" Will you stay there looking at me or tell me who you are," Mehmal said. She still hated hijab women with fake personalities.

The woman came to her and smiled " Hi, I'm Nadia Emer. Sir, send me your help. Tell me if there is anything you need", she said to Mehmal, who was looking at the pictures with Thomas. Her hands were on the little desk bend was looking at Nadia " what help you can do for me" Mehmal asked

" I can do your office work, and in the morning, I'll accompany you to meet the locals," she said Mehmal nodded her head. She needs a helper—a local who can translate for them.

" Ok, right now, read my project document and give me your idea," she said.

" Miss Sikandar, Sir Emer wanted to meet him at his office," she said and took the document from her and sat on the couch.

After 15 minutes of searching, she found the office. He was on the bookshelf searching for something. Mehmal knocked. He nodded his head and turned to the shelf again " will you take a tea" he asked while going towards the kettle, which was placed at the corner of the shelf.

Mehmal shook her head he looked at her with a smile " I know most people don't like Turkish tea", he said, and he was right mehmal saw the packet she brought her tea packs.

" Yeah, I like milk tea," she said. He sat in front of her " Fine next time, bring your tea to my office," he said and looked at the computer screen. Mehmal was stunned. Did he give her an idea or insult her or make fun of her whatsoever? She found this man Weird.

Emer turned the computer screen to her. It was a map with marked places.

" It was my work which I wanted to cover in Palestine. Gaza will be the first spot you go and cover the whole city and their people's lives and what happened there. Did you meet Nadia " he asked. She nodded " Good, she will give you the detail of everything, and If you need anything, tell her she will help you. See you in the morning then," he said and turned back to the computer screen.

Mehmal opened her mouth to say but then closed it.

That's it; he called me to say this?

" See you in the morning," she said and stood.

"Snobbish," she mumbled.

" Did you say anything?" he looked at her.

Did I say that loud
She shook her head and walked out of the room.

In the morning, Mehmal came to the office. Nadia was having a good chat with his crew.

" Sir told me to give you the detail. He'll join us in Gaza later. We will move today in the evening. " she told her Mehmal nodded. Nadia sat beside her chair Mehmal looked at her, then at her file " It was to cover every city and their lives. We can see how they are being attacked while doing standard routine stuff. Then how they are being targeted and how they have been thrown out of their houses, everything like a good film, but everything will be a reality, not faked," she was explaining Mehmal nodded.

" what do you think about collaboration," Nadia asked. She shrugged " Not yet till I don't show them the work here, then a channel will be launched. Then all countries will collaborate, " Mehmal said. She nodded.

" Emer sir tried many times but failed. You know it's not easy. Many news channel anchors came but couldn't shoot it. No channel broadcasts it properly. Sometimes the forces snatched the camera, and sometimes they struck them, and everyone ran from there," Nadia informed.

Thomas and her crew members got scared, but Mehmal didn't stop Nadia. She wanted her to continue so that if her crew wanted to blackout, then do it now.

Mehmal was walking with Nadia and her teammates outside when in the hall, she saw Emer, who was with the officer. He looked at them. Nadia walked to him and said something, and he nodded his head and glanced at Mehmal, then whispered to her.

"Ill-mannered," Mehmal mumbled. He looked at her with a frown Mehmal was embarrassed.

I didn't speak loud. Not even Thomas heard how he looked at me like he heard what I said.

Mehmal showed a confident expression and wanted to walk out, but Thomas and his teammate went to him and greeted him. Now she had to meet him. He again shook everyone's hand, and to mehmal, he nodded his head and put his hand on the heart he did to Nadia.

I think he greets every woman this way
Mehmal nodded her head " See you when something progresses" He said he genuinely had no faith in the project and not even faith in his project.

I'll prove you wrong, Mr Zaygil.

The next day they got settled in a hotel room. Nadia's hometown was Gaza. She was happily showing the area. Mehmal was tired. She sat on big rock sun was at its peak. Mehmal never thought she would be here doing her Master's project. She went into deep thought. Today was Mehmal's father's birthday. She was upset, flew to Pakistan and cried on his grave. She wanted her mother to sleep on her lap and cry. Tears floated from her eyes as she cleaned. She doesn't want to be embarrassed.

Why me, Allah? Why didn't he leave my mind? Why I wish I had never attended the wedding. Why Not you let zaryab the way he was? ZARYAB, ah, what I remember.

Mehmal looked up at the sky. Why you took baba from me? At least I have anyone. Mehmal stood and walked to her crew.

" Hey, look at the boy "Erica, her teammate, pointed towards a boy who was 5 or 6 years old and was moving a trolley mehmal looked at the boy. Nadia immediately walks to the boy and starts asking him something Mehmal walks to them. " Who is he?" Mehmal asked " I'm taking him to camp," Nadia said and took the boy's hand and started walking.

Mehmal looked at the trolley. It has some toys, pictures, and some clothes his clothes were dirty. Mehmal pitied the boy.

" What happened to him," Mehmal asked " His parents died in the attack. He just took something in the trolley and walked in the street," Nadia said. For her, it's normal, but to her and her crew, it was upsetting. Mehmal looked up at the sky. Tears again float from her eyes
Allah, I'm sorry.
Mehmal asked Why she? But she remembered Dr Ali said once, " when you go out, you see the worse" Mehmal shook her head
At least Mehmal, you can take care of yourself, but the boy had no one.
She turned to the crew. Their eyes were wide open, hands on their mouth.
" Welcome to Palestine," Mehmal said.

***********************************