Special Day

As the Hall of Demons were taken care of the situation with The Rebirth, things were going peacefully back at the city that Kaori was in, to her it was nothing but another boring day, so she skipped school today and went to Pop's Cafe to kill some until she can meet up with her friends after they finished their time at school, when Kaori arrived at Pop's Cafe he greeted her with a simple nod which she did the same as well back to him, she went over to go take a seat at one of the wooden tables, but as she grabbed a chair to sit down and she didn't notice the booth that her and Akuma sat at, so instead of sitting down in the chair she goes over to the booth and takes a seat there, with Kaori now seated Pops went over to her to take her order.

~Pops~

"Welcome back Young Miss, what would it be today?"

~Kaori~

"The usual."

~Pops~

"Right away Young Miss, I'll be back with your order very soon."

~Kaori~

"Thanks Pops."

~Pops~

"My pleasure."

Pops then walks away from the from the table and heads to the kitchen to prepare Kaori's order, but as she sat there and waited for him to return she just looked at the empty seat in front of her and couldn't but to miss Akuma's company, a few minutes later Pops soon returned with the tray of her order, but once he placed it down Kaori was surprised to see a sparkler on top of her cinnamon roll.

~Kaori~

"Ha What's this about?"

~Pops~

"How could you not know?, Today is a special day for you."

Kaori then thinks about what he said and suddenly remembers the date of today.

~Kaori~

"Oh snap, today is my birthday."

~Pops~

"Yes it certainly is, happy birthday Kaori."

~Kaori~

"Thanks Pops."

Kaori then blows out the sparkler which Pops then softly clapsed for her turning 16 today.

~Pops~

"So did you make a wish?"

~Kaori~

"No I didn't."

~Pops~

"Why not?"

~Kaori~

"Well I've learned long ago that wishes don't come true."

~Pops~

"I see, if you don't mind could I join you."

~Kaori~

"Not at all pops."

~Pops~

"Thank you."

Pops then takes the seat across from her and just enjoy the time he spends with her.

~Pops~

"4 years."

~Kaori~

"What?"

~Pops~

"It's been 4 years since that day I found you."

~Kaori~

"Oh yeah I remember, I was only 11 that time and I was living in the streets alone, until you found me and took me in."

~Pops~