Headaches

Since I had the last meeting with Mon, my stress levels have been elevated. Why doesn't she get it? If I ask her to come to my office so much, wouldn't it be logical to think that I want her to stay in my office? Why can't she understand that if I say I don't like it, it means I do? My friends already know this, and they say I'm pretty obvious with my feelings. Why isn't Mon getting it as well?

When I get stressed, I get bad headaches. These headaches are common for me. Kirk says I should get a checkup at the hospital. With what time? I'm managing a company. I'm being pressured by both of them and now I'm worried about the opinion of a newbie that can barely understand me.

My vision was getting blurry. I could barely stand up, so I had to hold myself up by leaning against the desk. I'm pretty sure there's no one left at the company at this hour, but I still yelled for help. With the little strength that I could muster, I turned off the computer and grabbed my bag. I almost fell to the floor.

Sam: "Agh, somebody... Help! Help me." I fell onto the floor. Then I heard someone open the door.

Mon: "Khun Sam." Mon. You're still here. This would have been worse if anyone else in the company had seen me. She bent down beside me. "Are you alright?" I could barely open my eyes anymore.

Sam: "My head is aching. Call Kirk and ask him to get me the painkillers." To avoid any scandals, we always got them at the same pharmacy and under a different name so it wouldn't lead back to me. The media would cause a scandal if they knew. They will easily say that I'm not suitable to run a company much less a country. As if I cared about the second one, but I couldn't risk the company.

Mon: "I'll do that. But please lie down first." She guided me to the couch near the desk. "Let me help you. Slowly." She grabbed my hand which felt good, but I couldn't focus on that right now. I grabbed a pillow for my neck. I was not about to have a headache and a stiff neck as well. "Um...where's your phone?" I pointed as best as I could towards the bag.

She quickly went to grab it and placed the phone in front of me so I could place the password. She was being so amazing. Even in my state, all I wanted was for her to be close to me. She started pacing back and forth while calling Kirk. Usually, he responded to my calls quickly, but of course, not today. I could hear glimpses of Mon's worried pacing and sighs of frustration.

Kirk finally decided to answer the phone after a few tries.

Mon: "This is Mon." Maybe I should bump her to secretary so she can answer calls for me and that way she would be in my office all the time. Focus Sam. "Khun Sam is having a very bad headache." Isn't that a little too friendly? I am still her boss. I love how she says my name, but I need to remind her that we aren't that close. Yet. "What should I do? Should I take her to the doctor?"

I fell asleep after that. The only thing that could help my headaches was the painkillers, but sometimes sleeping helped. The headaches drained my energy so much that I couldn't help but fall asleep. I couldn't open my eyes, but with the noises I heard I knew Mon was back. She sat down beside me and placed a glass on the floor beside the couch.

Mon: "Lady Sam, please drink the medicine, so you can feel better." I was finally able to open my eyes for a bit. She helped me sit up, gave me the pill and the glass of water. I drank it as fast as I could and gave her back the glass. I couldn't trust myself to not drop it. While she was placing the glass on the floor, I laid my head down on her lap. Her lap was more comfortable than the pillow. She tried moving out of the way.

Sam: "Don't move just yet. Let me lie down for a while." I don't know how much time had passed, but I enjoyed every second of it. Mon started caressing my hair and I almost fell asleep again. I could feel her face getting closer to mine. I thought for a second that she might kiss my forehead, and I didn't want her to stop, but life had other plans. Kirk called.

Mon: "She's resting at the moment. She took the pills I bought." She tried whispering, but it was really hard not to hear everything when we were this close. "Yes, I will. I'll hang up now."

Sam: "Why did you pick up the call? I was sleeping."

Mon: "I'm sorry, Lady Sam. It was Mr. Kirk who called. He was worried about you. He asked if you could drive home by yourself."

Sam: "Are we close now? Why are you calling me Sam?"

Mon: "My apologies, Lady Boss." I didn't like it. We will fix that later.

Sam: "I can't drive right now. Can you drive?"

Mon: "I can't."

Sam: "Hm, so useless."

Mon: "Then, I'll call Mr. Kirk to come pick you up." I couldn't grab the phone fast enough. I sat upright as best as I could. "Be careful."

Sam: "It's fine. I'll take a taxi."

Mon: "Then, I'll accompany you. I want to be useful.