The Past meets the Present

Third person P.O.V

An awkward silence took over the room. Sam felt herself getting angry, but she tried to keep it as professional as possible. She cleared her throat before speaking.

Sam: "Please sit Mrs. Waraha. Since you're here early we can go ahead and start the meeting." She opened up her laptop and neatly placed the report on Engfa's work beside it. P'Fa finally found her voice after receiving such a shock.

P'Fa: "Sam, let me explain." Sam shot her a look that let her know she was not happy.

Sam: "Please address me as Lady Boss. This is a work meeting." P'Fa picked up her things from the floor. She was about to sit a few chairs away from Sam when she heard snapping fingers. "Sit next to me. It's only going to be us in this meeting so I don't want to have to be yelling at you from across the room."

P'Fa: "Y-yes ma'am." She sat down right next to Sam, but it felt like sitting next to a block of ice. She now understood the rumors she had heard about her sister being cold blooded. She had never felt Sam's coldness, not even when they were little so this was a new side of her sister. "Is there anything in specific that you wish to talk about with me?"

Sam: "Nothing in particular. I enjoy getting to know all of my employees especially those who help in keeping the company in high standards." P'Fa nodded. She felt like she couldn't say anything or her head might be bitten off by Sam. "I read the report on all the work that you have been doing with the Diverse Beauty page. I see congratulations are in order. In such a small amount of time, you have made such an impact on the company."

P'Fa: "Thank you, Lady Boss. This company is very important to me and I hope I can keep helping to make it better every day."

Sam: "Oh so now it's important to you Mrs. Waraha? Years ago, you didn't even care if the company survived or not. You even left your sisters at the mercy of their grandmother." Sam kept looking at her computer as she said this. P'Fa didn't know how to deal with the situation. She knew meeting her sister would be hard, but not like this.

P'Fa: "At that time, I only cared about my own wellbeing, but now I am back and I'll do everything I can to help you, Sam."

Sam: "Oh so now you want to help me?" She smiled sarcastically. "Where were you when Song died? Where were you when I was given a family business I didn't even care about and had to fix all on my own huh? Where were you when grandmother was pressuring me into marrying a man that I only saw as a friend? Huh?! WHERE WERE YOU P'FA?!" P'Fa lowered her head and sighed. Sam had every right to be mad. She was left alone to carry the burden with no one to help her or save her.

P'Fa: "Sam, I'm sorry. I had to go. You saw what grandmother did to me. I couldn't stay and live under her outdated beliefs!" Sam scoffed.

Sam: "But Song and I could?"

P'Fa: "You can't blame this all on me. I was a kid back then. How would I have taken care of you two?! I didn't have a job, I didn't have any money, I barely had a place to stay if it weren't for Charlotte's parents!" Tears were building on both their eyes.

Sam: "Ok, that's true. But why didn't you come back for us after you settled down?" P'Fa didn't have an answer for that. She could have done something. Charlotte's parents would have been more than happy to care for all of them, they even said so. "Did you really think grandmother's demands were just going to stop after you left?! Yeah you escaped. Congratulations. Song and I got stuck with your mess. Song died..." Sam was now crying hard. "She died! The only person I had left that understood the horror that was living with grandmother. She got killed because someone wanted the family business. She didn't have to die because this was your responsibility!"

P'Fa: "I'm sorry Sam. I am so sorry, but I can't change what happened in the past..."

Sam: "When did you find out about Song? Did you even go to the funeral? Did you even think about going to see me after I lost not one but two sisters?!"

P'Fa: "Charlotte's parents told me while we were in New York."

Sam: "In New York? Having the time of your life, I bet." P'Fa ignored the comment because it was only going to keep fusing the fire that Sam had let out.

P'Fa: "As soon as I found out I came back. I went to the funeral, I just didn't let anyone see me. I was still hurt by what grandmother did so I didn't want her to see me."

Sam: "Oh yeah? And what about me? Why didn't you want me to see you? That's the second time that you abandon me and I just found out."

P'Fa: "I couldn't go back for you at that time. Charlotte got pregnant so she became my priority, her and my son."

Sam: "Yeah, I heard about them. More congratulations for you. Meanwhile your little sister who you supposedly adored got stuck with the sharp end of the stick." P'Fa wiped away her tears. She could see the disappointment in Sam's eyes and she couldn't bear it. "But don't worry about me. I thrived in my own way. The family business is still a success, grandmother is almost completely happy with my choices and I don't need you anymore." Sam fixed herself and grabbed her things.

P'Fa: "Wait Sam. Let's keep talking ok? I want you back in my life and if you let me I want to be back in yours."

Sam: "It's a little too late for that don't you think?"

P'Fa: "It's never too late for us to be sisters again."

Sam: "It is for me." Sam headed towards the door. She turned around before leaving. "If you wish to stay working here, we need to report this to HR. I don't want any problems with the board of directors for having my sister work under me."

P'Fa: "Sam..."

Sam: "Enjoy your day, Mrs. Waraha." Just like that she left. P'Fa hit her hand on the table in frustration.

P'Fa: "I know you won't make it easy Sam, but I'm not leaving you again. Never again."