Chapter Seventy-Three

When I got to school the halls were quiet and even though I was late I knew no teacher would say anything to me they would just snitch to my father

When I got to school the halls were quiet and even though I was late I knew no teacher would say anything to me they would just snitch to my father. As that thought crossed my mind I felt ill to my stomach. I didn't want to see him and I think he knew that.it was bad enough that I had a bruise forming on my abdomen but it was even worse that I knew he wasn't going to care. He was just going to say I brought it on myself. He apologized but he didn't mean it. He never did. How pathetic.

On that subject I wonder why Ba Wei didn't say anything about the large red mark on my chest last night. I knew he had to see it but he didn't utter a word. Maybe he was being polite or something by not asking. Hopefully that's the case. I didn't feel like talking about it let alone explaining my entire family life.

When I walked up to my classroom door I was about to open the door when someone did it for me. I looked down to see none other than yaling standing in front of me with tears streaming down her face. I cocked an eyebrow but didn't say anything and stepped to the side. I had expected her to rush out the door but she didn't she just stared at me.

"I...I," she said."

"Aren't you going out?"

I turned my attention to the teacher at the podium and judging by their expression they had no idea what was going on either. I was about to try to push past her when she threw her body against mine. My eyes snapped to her and my annoyance level had maxed out in all most an instant. I mentally sighed and looked over at the teacher.

"I'll take her to the nurses office."

The older woman nodded, "you can leave your bag by the door."

I nodded and took off my bag. It was a struggle but I got it off. I took a good three steps back and with those so did Yaling. I sighed and tried my hardest not to push her off as soon as the door shut.

"Let go." She didn't respond and just sniffled. Why was she even crying and why did she hug me. She knows that I'm obviously not fond of her and she knows that this isn't going to end well. "If you don't let go I'll pry you off of me."

She again didn't say anything and I took that as an okay to pry her off so I did just that. I grabbed her arms and very easily pushed her back. She stumbled backward but didn't fall. I didn't say anything and just walked pass her.

"Wait. Whe-"

"Nurses office. Come on I don't have all morning."

I couldn't care less about why she was crying but I had to take her to the nurses office because I said I would. The nurse was definitely waiting. Why does she always have to make a ruckus?

It didn't take her long to catch up to me and even though I could feel her eyes on me I didn't glance at her. I just walked silently and tried to calm my nerves. Maybe if I talk it'll make this easier.

"What are those things on your neck," she asked suddenly?

When I heard what she asked my breath halted for a second and I wanted to laugh. She actually noticed. Good. I ignored her and instead shot a question back at her.

"Why were you crying?" She seemed surprised that I asked because I heard a slight gasp in her voice.

"Um...it's stupid."

Her voice was soft and for that simple fact I knew she wasn't lying. I mean why would she? It's Yaling everything she does is stupid so who am I to argue.

"Oh sounds like you."

She was about to say something but before she could we walked into the nurses office. The room was silent and as soon as the nurse turned toward us I pointed at Yaling. She didn't say anything and just motioned for us to come over. I didn't move and neither did Yaling.

"Go over there so I can leave," I said coldly.

I heard a sigh come from the girl beside me before she began walking forward. Without a word I turned and left. Why do I even volunteer for stuff involving that girl. I sighed in frustration and pulled out my phone. I opened it and I was surprised to see a message from a familiar number. I clicked on it and slowly read over it.

"Mom," I whispered lowly.

Mom: I heard about your father.....you can call if you need someone to talk to.

Upon reading that message I didn't know how to feel. Why would she even text me? She didn't even like me did she? She hadn't bothered in a while and when I did call her she told me not to call. Annoying.

I deleted the text message without sending a reply and clicked on Ba Weis name. I sent a quick text telling him that I had made it to school, and I was about to stuff my phone back in my pocket when my phone vibrated. I looked down at the message and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

Ba Wei: that's good to hear. I got yelled at because of you.

Me: how is it my fault?

I stared down at my phone waiting for an instant reply but it never came. I stuffed my phone back in my pocket and made my way back to class.

When I made it to the classroom and walked in the teacher didn't even glance my way. I picked up my bag and went to my seat. As I walked to it I could feel the eyes on me, but honestly I didn't care. I just wanted the day to go by fast so I could see Ba Wei. Never thought I'd have that thought.

When I sat down in my seat my phone vibrated. I ignored it and took out my books and notebooks. After I got that out I pulled out my phone and looked down at the message I knew was from Ba Wei.

Ba Wei: for talking to you obviously

Me: well sorry.

Ba Wei: don't worry. I'll do it again.

When I read that sentence I couldn't help but snicker a little. I sent a simple text back and stuffed my phone back in pocket and tried my best to pay attention.

Me: then it's your fault then