Chapter One Hundred Eighty Six

Time had gone by slow after the start of class

Time had gone by slow after the start of class. I had tried my best to focus but I couldn't. I found myself just doodling on a piece of notebook paper most of the time. The bell for lunch had just sounded, and my phone began to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket to see Ba Wei's face. I smiled softly. I quickly answered it.

"You're quick."

He chuckled, "yeah."

"Why are you calling?"

"I just called to ask you what you wanted to drink. I gotta leave the school grounds to get the food so I thought I'd ask now."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to get a sandwich from grandma. It's relatively close so I thought why not."

"hmm, that's true. Just let her recommend me something. I'm sure she has good taste."

"en okay. I'll talk to you when I get back."

He hung up and I got up from my seat and made my way out the classroom. I'm kind of glad he chose to leave the school grounds because I wanted to call my mother. I just wanted to tell her to go to my old apartment so we can talk. I know going there isn't going to make Ba Wei happy, but she won't be able to do much since I know he's going to tell Kang Wu to keep an eye on me.

I rounded the corner and was about to start climbing the stairs when someone called my name. I turned slightly to see one of the boys from my class walking behind me. I raised an eyebrow, but stopped and turned towards him.

"Can I help you with something?"

"Yeah, I actually just have a question."

"What is it?"

"Is your father the CEO of Ji Pyramid?"

I stared at him for a moment before simply nodding. I thought I'd be more upset about him knowing that but I didn't feel any particular way.

"Why are you hiding it?"

"I've never hid it, no one has ever asked," I said truthfully.

"I thought your name seemed familiar. It's funny. It explains why you always seem to have your nose stuck up at everyone."

I narrowed my eyes at the boy, "what do you mean by that?"

"Well, you always speak to people like they're beneath you. You're a rich kid, it explains it." I stared at him for a second before I turned and started to climb the stairs. I didn't really have the energy to argue with him about how I act around people.

"I'm gonna say this once," I said stopping halfway, "My wealth has nothing to do with how I treat people. I simply just don't like people. It's few people I like talking to."

"You're full of-"

"You're not one of them," I said cutting him off as I began walking again.

I expected him to say something but he didn't. When I made it to the roof I took in a deep breath and sighed. I'm kinda glad that he only found that towards the end of the school year rather the beginning. I know he's going to tell the whole class, and that means the whole school. Annoying. I walked over to the railing and sat down. I pulled my phone out, and clicked my mothers number. It rung for a few seconds before she finally picked up.