Chapter One Hundred Forty Three

When the next day came I hadn't got an ounce of sleep

When the next day came I hadn't got an ounce of sleep. I had pretended to be asleep but even when Ba Wei got up to take a phone call I was awake. I was scared...scared of what would be waiting for me back at home. I was still laying I bed when Ba Wei walked back in the room. I thought about hiding that I was awake but it would be useless to do so.

"Ah you're awake?"

"Mmm."

He sat down on the bed beside me and ran his hand through my hair, "did you get any rest?"I shook my head and he sighed.

"I'm sorry," I said lowly.

"I'm not mad, so don't apologize. I'm just worried."

I stared at him for a good minute before reaching up and grabbing his hand. He seemed surprised at this but still held my hand tightly.

"I'm scared."

He leaned over and kissed me on the head, "I know, but it'll be fine. No matter what happens I'll be there okay."

I nodded pulled his hand up to my mouth and placed a kiss on it. It made me feel a bit better knowing that he would be there. It was about six in the morning now and I hadn't even gotten out of bed. Hell, I couldn't bring myself too.

"Come on. If we want to get there before dark we'll have to leave now."

"But," I let go of his hand, "all my cards are frozen so-"

"I'm not tight on money."

"That's not the point."

"I know but even if you offered to pay I wouldn't have you pay. Just get ready. Kang Wu will be here in an hour."

"Why is that guy coming," I asked getting out of bed?

He let out a chuckle, "don't be so hostile. He's just dropping us off at the train station. My father offered to fly us there but I said we'd take the train."

I just nodded my head and pulled on some sweat pants and a hoodie. I pulled out a bag and stuffed in basic things into it. I didn't know how long I would be there but I still had clothes in the penthouse my father had so I don't pack a lot of clothes.

Ba Wei just watched me do this and if I'm being honest it was quite uncomfortable. He was just staring silently at me put stuff into my bag and when I would look over at him we would make eye contact.

"Are you just going to stare at me creepily as I pack the entire time."

"Creepily?"

"Yes, creepily. You're sitting very still and only eyes are moving with my motion," I said walking over to him.

He reached out and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into him. He leaned his head against my waist and slid his hands underneath my hoodie. His hands were cold but the feeling of his thumbs rubbing the outer parts of my waist felt nice.

"I...I just don't know how to comfort you."

I ran a hand through his hair, "you don't have to comfort me. I'm alright,"

"I can tell that you are anything but alright, so you lying does nothing."

"Really. I'm fine. I'm just nervous."

He didn't say anything and just tightened his arms around me. I just kept stroking his hair as I thought about everything that could go wrong. I hadn't told Ba Wei that my father had cancer. Hell, I don't even know how to tell him now. Why would I burden him even more with such terrible news.

"Hey," he called. I looked down at him, "it'll be okay, maybe he just wants to talk to you about the company or something."

I smiled softly at him, "I hope so."

Even though I said that I knew it wasn't. I knew something was terribly wrong, and something told me it had something to do with the cancer. Sure he had told me that he found out not too long ago but he never told me if he was getting treatment or anything. Was he dying when he told me that...was he dying the entire time he's been busy?

I sighed and pushed the thoughts to the back of my head but I without anything to focus on I knew I would just go back the those thoughts. For that very reason I was happy that Ba Wei began to speak.

"Can I ask you a question," he asked as his removed his arms from around me?

Stunned I just nodded and sat down beside him in confusion. He put his hand on my thigh gave it a slight squeeze before he began to rub up and down.

"What happened between you and Kang Wu?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I can tell there's issues there."

I sighed, "I just don't like the guy."

"Why?"

"I don't tend to like people who are only nice to me because other people are around."

He was silent for a minute before he said, "what did he do?"

I sighed, "it's not s big deal anymore."

"Is that what l asked you?"

I looked over at him and nudged him, "don't be so aggressive. I told you it's not a big deal anymore."

"Ji Nan."

"Alright alright. He just tried to blackmail me. He threatened to tell you about how I killed someone. He even told me that I was hurting you by not telling you."

Ba Wei let out a full laugh, " I'm sorry that's really not funny."

"No it is," I said joining in. "He thought a tiny threat like that would ruffle my feathers."

Ba Wei leaned over and kissed me, "I'm laughing because he wasn't trying to blackmail you at all. It was a very serious threat he gave you."

"How so?"

He planted a few kisses on my neck, "If you would've answered in a way he didn't like he was going to probably try to hurt you."

" I'm glad you added try in there because he would've had to try very hard."

He laughed, "I know. Plus he'd have to beat my ass very severely for even touching a hair on your head."

"You're exaggerating."

He leaned over and kissed me again, "I'm not. If anyone every hurts you enough for you to call out to me I will kill them no questions asked."

As I stared into his eyes I looked for any ounce of doubt, but there wasn't any. He meant what he just said and although hit should alarm me my heart seemed to skip a beat. I reached my hand out and caressed the side of his face.

"How did I get so lucky?"

He kissed me again, "that's my line."