Chapter Eighty-Two

I was nervous

I was nervous. Not because I was going on a date, but because I didn't know what to wear. After I had agreed to go Ba Wei gave me little time to ask anymore questions. He walked me home and just gave me a time and place to meet back up at. It was strange because I hadn't seen him act like that until now. I couldn't help but wonder if he was that excited about it.

I stood in my closet in just my underwear looking at all my clothes in almost a panic. I felt overwhelmed for once in my life. I had never truly been on a date. Well at least one that I wanted to go on. This was a first for me and I had always thought that the thing about not knowing what to wear was an exaggeration. I was wrong.

He didn't even tell me what exactly we were doing. When I asked he just said I'll see when I get there. It was kind of a dick move on his part but I get it. It was a surprise I guess.

I sighed and walked over to the racks in my closet and started sifting through the shirts. I didn't have that many options to choose from since half of my wardrobe was black. I knew I would most likely have to wear black pants because mostly I only owned that color but I didn't want to wear a black shirt.

I was about to give up on trying to find a decent shirt when I caught a glimpse of something red. With a relieved sigh I pulled out the only piece of odd colored clothing I owned. It was a silk button up red shirt that had a rather deep V-neck line. I touched the fabric with my hand and was surprised to feel a stiffness inside the shirt. I cocked an eyebrow and fished out the hard thing and laughed to myself.

It was a tag meaning the shirt was brand new. Looking at the shirt I didn't even know who gave it to me to be honest. It wasn't my style at all but then again my style was black so I guess this would be a good change.

I threw the shirt on my bed and picked out a pair of simple pants and shoes. I checked my watch to see that it was almost time for me to leave. I had spent over an hour and a half looking for this simple ass outfit. How embarrassing.

I ran a hand through my hair and began getting dressed. When I was done I was a bit more satisfied with the outfit than I thought I would. The red complemented my skin tone very nicely and the deep v in the shirt showed off my sculpted chest in just the right way. Now all that was left was my hair.

I walked into the bathroom and sighed when I saw the state of my hair. Of course it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I stood there for a few minutes thinking about what to do with it. I could straighten it to save time but if I did I would have to still style it afterwards. I could also curl it but that would take up too much time too.

I let out a sigh and grabbed my brush. I'll just leave it how it is and add some leave in conditioner to make it softer. As I brushed through my hair I heard my phone ding from the other room. I ignored it and finished my hair, and once I was satisfied with the result I left the bathroom.

I walked over to my bed and grabbed my phone to see that it was a text from Ba Wei. I raised an eyebrow and opened the message.

Ba Wei: here's the address again if you forgot