Chapter Thirty-Two

I found Ba Wei in the kitchen when I left the room

I found Ba Wei in the kitchen when I left the room. He was looking in the fridge for something. The counter was scattered with Ingredients, and even though I looked over all of them; I still had no clue what he was gonna be making. I looked down at my watch then back at the counter. Is he really about to cook something complex at two in the morning?

I leaned against the island that stood behind me and just watched as he took more things out. He didn't seem to notice me, and I was glad of it. He seemed satisfied with what was out, but then he started to put it back up. I raised an eyebrow at this, but I said nothing. He kept putting them up, and I just stared on in confusion.

He turned around to put another item away, but this time as he turned he looked directly at me. His eyes met mine, he made no attempt to shift them. His eyes were cold, but the more I stared into them; the warmer they started to become.

"Have you been standing there this entire time?"

"It would be pointless for me to lie," I said truthfully. He put the last dish in the fridge and walked towards me. He reached out and pinched my nose and he walked over to the stove. My already slightly red face became even redder.

"Do you like wonton soup?"

"En."

"Good because that's the only thing my mother prepared today. I'll have to reheat it." I didn't say anything and just lowered my head. My face was still fairly visible because my hair was gelled back, and because of that my face became even hotter.

"Hey, are you alright?" I lifted my head slightly to see him approaching me .

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Your face is really red. Do you have a fever?" He reached out towards me and I quickly dodged him.

"I don't have a fever." As if something clicked in his brain, a smirk spread itself across his face.

"You sure you don't? You're face is awfully red," he teased.

"Fuck off."

"Snappy," he said laughing. "I like snappy." I wanted to take that as a joke, but the more I thought on it the more it felt like he was serious.

"Weren't you about to cook something," I asked changing the subject? He turned on a burner on the stove and walked back to the fridge and retrieved a large pot. Only when he placed it on the burner did he finally answer me.

"Yeah, but I noticed this after I took all that out."

"What were you going to make?"