Chapter Forty-Three

We went to bed around midnight and as I laid down in the bed I knew that sleep wasn't going to find me easily

We went to bed around midnight and as I laid down in the bed I knew that sleep wasn't going to find me easily. I sighed and rolled over and looked at the ceiling. Usually when I can't sleep I get on my phone but because I didn't have a charger it currently was sitting at low battery. Just great.

"What am I supposed to do," I sighed out?

I laid there in the silence in the dark just listening to every little sound. It was relatively quiet in the room but I could hear movements in the hallway. I raised an eyebrow and turned on my side so I could see the door.

I watched carefully as the once dark hallway lit up, and slowly a shadow passed by the door. Was it Ba Wei? If it was, why did he get back up after he said he was tired.

"Xiao Wei."

My eyes widened as an unfamiliar voice hit my ears. I wanted to get up and open the door but it would be rude to do so in someone else's house. It could be his father. He does live downstairs even though I haven't seen him.

Not even a minute passed before I heard a door open and that familiar voice answer.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

His voice was cold but somehow I could hear surprise in it. His father must not visit often. I wonder what they're relationship is like? Was it better than mine...

"You have company don't you," Ba Wei's father asked?

"Yes. Can you talk more soft. I don't want to wake them."

"En."

That was the last clear spoken thing I heard before the speaking turned into whispering. I smacked my teeth and turned back on my back. Back to being boring.

I wonder why he came here this late? Was it because he heard his son had company or was it for business ? Either of those things could be the reason, but if it was for business I wonder what type. Ba Wei had mentioned before that he is in a gang. I wonder if his father knows. I wonder if he approves.

All these thoughts ran through my head as I stared at the blank ceiling. Although I had been around Ba Wei for a while, and I would say that we are becoming close friends. It really was a lot that I didn't know about him. I can't complain because he doesn't know a lot about me either. How can I ask who his father is when I don't think I'll be able to answer the question if directed at me.

What am I supposed to tell him? I'm the next in line to become CEO of Ji Pyramid. A company worth millions? How can I ever say that to someone without automatically getting judged to be a high class privileged brat?

Even though Ba Wei is wealthy, I still don't want to tell him that. I still don't want to tell him about that part of me. I'd rather keep it a secret. I don't want to become how I was before I came here. I don't want to be out of control again. I don't want to be surrounded by fake people with fake emotions.