Chapter Eighty-One

"This is why I told you to come on," I said in a whispered tone

"How was I suppose to know that we'd end up in the principal's office?"

Upon hearing that sentence I wanted to sigh because I knew. As soon as we started to walk away from those guys a teacher caught us. I knew someone had went and told a teacher and that's why I was trying so hard to leave on time but no. He just had to take his time. Not only was I missing class because of this, but I knew for a fact that this punishment wouldn't be anything good.

"I knew, that's why I told you to hurry but you just had to take your sweet ass time."

"How is this-""

His sentence was cut off by the slam of the door. The room fell silent. Great, just great. He just had to go and break a boys nose at the beginning of class. Why did I even walk over. Why did I even involve myself in this. If I had just went to class like every other morning i wouldn't be sitting in this stupid office.

It's not like I cared but I knew for a fact that whatever punishment was coming would be told to my father. That didn't intimidate me at all but I had no interest in trying to talk to him. You see what happened last time we had a conversation.

"Well boys you've had quite a morning," the principal said as he sat down behind his desk.

Neither me or Ba Wei uttered a sound because we both knew that if we tried to argue with this man it would make things worse. Even though this was my first time being in his office I knew that this man wasn't nice at all. Listening to other students talk about him after being called to his office left little to the imagination.

"What do you think I should do with you two?" He crossed his arms and looked back and forth between us. "I would expect Ba Wei to be in my office but you Ji Nan. This is a surprise."

I didn't say anything and just kept my eye contact. I knew that if I acted intimidated he would just try to intimidate me more so it would be useless to try to play that character. I just wanted this meeting to be over with so I could get to class, but judging by his speech patterns I didn't think it would be over anytime soon.

"Ji Nan explain yourself." I raised a eyebrow and sighed. Why me.

"Explain what exactly sir?"

"What got you here."

I was honestly confused because I didn't know what got me here other than being with Ba Wei when the teacher arrived at the scene. If anything I shouldn't be sitting in this office at all.

"I don't know. I was just trying to go-"

"You dare lie to my face," he yelled cutting me off?

I stared at him with cold eyes and kept my mouth shut. What was his issue exactly? I wasn't even lying. I couldn't tell you why I was here and I'm sure Ba Wei could back me up on that part. Me being here was a mistake.

"He's not lying," Ba Wei suddenly said, "I'm the one that broke that dicks nose."

I felt a slight smirk pull at my lips. Even in this kind of situation he didn't change his personality. I watched as the principals full attention went to Ba Wei.

"That's not what the student who was bleeding said. He said you two jumped him."

"He's lying," he said bluntly. "If we had jumped him he wouldn't be able to speak nor walk."

The principal just stared a Ba Wei for a second before saying, "do you think this is a joke."

"Not really. I just don't care."

Upon hearing what Ba Wei said I wanted to laugh because honestly it was true. I could tell by his demeanor that he didn't care in the slightest that he was in here. It was probably another day for him.

"Since you don't care take two days off. I'm sure the campus won't miss you."

Ba Wei didn't say a word but didn't move from his seat. I turned my eyes towards the principal to see that he was staring at Ba Wei.

"Why are you still sitting there?"

Without even the skip of a beat Ba Wei responded with, "I'll leave when he leaves."

I stayed quiet and turned my eyes towards the wall. I could feel the man behind the desks eyes on me and even though I wanted to make eye contact with him I forced myself not too.

"Both of you can take two days off for all I care. We don't tolerate this kind of behavior and we never will. Get out of my office!"

I didn't say a word and stood from my seat. I leaned down to get my bag, bowed, and took my leave with Ba Wei not too far behind me. When we stepped into the hall Ba Wei grabbed my hand. I turned towards him with a confused look and he just smiled faintly.

"Sorry."

"For what?"

"Well, I did just kinda get you suspended."

I pulled my hand away from him, "it's fine. It's not like I care anyways."

"But still. It's still my fault."

"No shit. All of this is your fault right now. If-"

"If I would've listened and left faster we would've gotten away. I got it. I got it," he said laughing.

I just shook my head and looked down at my watch. It wasn't even noon yet and the day already had gone to shit. Not only was I suspended I had missed roughly around one and a half hours of class. Just great.

"Hey,"Ba Wei called getting my attention.

"What?"

"Are you going to class?"

I almost let out a laugh, "no. It would be a waste of time. I'm just going to go home and go to bed."

"Is that so."

I looked over at him, "why?"

"No reason."

I sucked my teeth, "we both know that a lie."

He let out a full belly laugh, "you got me there."

"Whatever you want to to say, say it."

I said this sentence as we pushed the doors to the exit of the school. As we walked outside I noticed that it was very empty. No teachers no skipping students just silent. It was a bit strange to be perfectly honestly. Maybe everyone was just busy. It is midterm season in a few more weeks.

"Well since we both don't have anything to do. Do you want to do something?"

"Something like what?"

"Anything you want. I'm down for anything."

"That's a smooth way to try to ask someone out."

He chuckled, "you know I try, but what do you say?"

I stayed silent. It wasn't like I didn't want to hang out. It was the complete opposite but the way he asked made me think it was a date. A date that I doubt I could survive.

"Sure why not," I said turning to Ba Wei.

I watched a smile spread across his lips putting his perfect teeth in display.

"Then it's a date than?"

"Yeah a date."

——

Hey guys sorry for the late update. It's been a bit of a struggle these fees days. Working two jobs has been getting to me. Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and don't forget to vote. ❤️❤️❤️