Chapter Seventy-Eight

When me and Ba Wei left that apartment and started the walk back to mine I felt like I was hit by a bus

When me and Ba Wei left that apartment and started the walk back to mine I felt like I was hit by a bus. Not only was I embarrassed but I was also dead tired. I had thought that the atmosphere would stay awkward but slowly it became normal. At least for the two friends in the room. You see the entire time we were there I was the topic of conversation and never was included in the actual conversation.

I would say it made me mad but it didn't. I had no interest in talking and they simply made it easier. I did enjoy watching Ba Wei become comfortable around his friend even though every time that guy would touch him I wanted to tell him to take his hands off. It was a strange thought and even though I wanted so badly to say it; I kept my mouth shut. It wasn't my place anyway.

I glanced down at my watch and it was two in the morning. I had indeed stayed an hour and a half. I glanced over at Ba Wei who was walking beside me in silence. His bangs hung over his eyes making the shadow already on them darker.

"Hey," I called. He immediately turned to me and I quickly looked away. "Um..."

He let out a chuckle, "Um what?"

In truth I didn't know what I wanted to say. The only reason I called out to him was because I wanted to hear his voice. I have to make something up. If I don't, he'll get suspicious.

"Are you and that guy close?" I glanced up at him to see a smile spreading across his face.

"Yeah. He's my best friend."

I didn't say anything and just nodded. That made sense. It would explain why he was so relaxed around him, and how his personality slightly changed.

"Is he involved in the business also," I asked suddenly?

He was quiet for a moment, "yes. He's in another gang though."

"Ah," I said surprised, "I thought he was your subordinate."

Ba Wei laughed, "don't let him hear you say that. He'll eat you alive."

"He can try," I said as a smile press across my face.

Ba Wei laughed and pushed his hair out of his face. Even that action made my heart speed up. I shifted my eyes to the ground and took in a deep breath.

"Your face is red you know."

I didn't say anything and pushed my hair into my face to try to cover it. I was about to stuff my hand into my pocket when Ba Wei suddenly grabbed it. I looked over at him confused.

"What-"

Before I could finish my sentence Ba Wei intertwined our fingers. My heart felt like it skipped a beat as I stared at our hands. I glanced up at Ba Wei too see that he was looking straight ahead. How can he do something like this and have no reaction?

Wait, why am I even making something as simple as holding hands so dramatic? It's not like I haven't held someone's hand before. I've done it a lot actually. So why is my body reacting so strangely to him? It's because Its him...it's because it's Ba Wei.
———