Chapter One Hundred

When we got to Ba Weis house there were a lot of cars

When we got to Ba Weis house there were a lot of cars. It's the most busy I'd ever seen his house look, but then again I'd only been here once. I looked over at Ba Wei who was looking down at his phone when KangWu came to a stop.

"Is the meeting still going on," I asked curiously?

Ba Wei looked up at me and then looked out the window, "I guess so. That means we'll have to wait on the studying for a bit."

"Huh? Why?"

He opened his car door, "my father isn't going to let me go to my room until it's over."

"If you would've mentioned that we could've just stayed at my house."

"Well I didn't know it was still going on."

He grabbed my bag and got out the car. I followed after him and almost immediately when Ba Wei got to my side the car drove off. I couldn't help but think that KangWu knew that the meeting was still going on and just didn't say anything. He had too; there's no way he's out of the loop.

"So if you can't go upstairs then that means I can't either."

"Bingo. Just be your normal cold self. The type of people my father associates with will like it about you."

I didn't say anything and just followed him to the door. Even from outside I could hear the voices of the men coming from inside. As I said before I'm not a people person and definitely not with the likes of people like this. I couldn't help be nervous because if we couldn't leave his fathers floor until the party was over; that meant that I would probably have to speak to the man for the first time. This should be a lot of fun.

When Ba Wei opened the door we were immediately met with eyes, and for the first time in my life I wanted to cower behind someone. Ba Wei looked over at me and smirked a bit.

"Ah Xiao Wei is back," someone said.

I tried to look around for them but it was no use. It was entirely impossible for me to find them in the crowd. I turned my attention back to Ba Wei to see that his appearance appeared rather cold. It reminded me of the first time I met him.

He sat my bag down by the door, "stay close okay."

I nodded and before I could even react he begin walking. As we made our way through the crowd I got the chance to look at a few people. When we made eye contact the men would raise an eyebrow almost as if confused. They probably just were wondering who I was or something. It's not like I minded the stares I was use to it.

"Hey you," someone called. Ba Wei stopped in front of me suddenly and turned around. He looked down at me and then behind me. "Xiao Wei bring your friend over here."

I could've sworn I heard Ba Wei sigh before he Mortimer for me to walk in that direction. I raised an eyebrow but just turned around and walked in the direction he was looking. As I got closer my eyes locked with an older man with a smile on his face.

"You're even more handsome up close," the man said. I didn't say anything and I guess the man took that as a clue to keep talking. "Xiao Wei where did you find him? He's like a model."

"He's a school mate, and please lay a bit off the alcohol uncle."

"None sense. He can't just be a student..."

I turned my ears off after I heard the beginning of his sentence. He was just rambling on and on about how handsome I was and I didn't want to hear it. It was annoying, and to be perfectly honest the entire situation was making me a bit angry. I just wanted to get studying out of the way, but instead I had to attend a party for gangsters.

"Ji Nan."

I looked over at Ba Wei, "Hmm?"

"Come on."

His tone was cold but I understood why it was. Looking at Ba Weis face he didn't want to be here either. In fact I would say he looked more annoyed than I did. I followed behind him closely until we reached a door. I thought he would knock on it but he just walked in. It is technically his house.

The room we entered was less packed with people. It was only about a dozen so people in it, and they all seemed to be surrounding one person. I scanned the room quickly and as I thought I couldn't identify anyone. Ba Wei looked back at me and stopped walking. He stared at me for a few seconds and I raised an eyebrow.

"Ah, I see you've returned."

When I heard that voice I froze. It was familiar, a bit too familiar. I quickly scanned the room once again looking for the person who said it and when our eyes met I wanted to die. No no no, why did he have to be here.

"Yeah. Not by choice though," Ba Wei said coldly.

The room burst into laughter and unconsciously I stepped behind Ba Wei. I was hoping he didn't notice but I had no such luck. He didn't say anything and just stayed in place. I grabbed the back of his shirt and tugged on it slightly. He didn't even look back at me when I did that. This is bad. Very very bad.

The man that I locked eyes with was none other than the father of my old best friend. If he even as much as glanced at me too long he would know who I was so hiding behind this towering guy in front of me was the best option. I had thought I had remained undetected until that familiar voice sounded beside me.

"Ji Nan is that you?"

Surprise was in his voice and as I heard that sentence I mentally cursed myself. Upon hearing the man refer to me as my name Ba Wei glanced over at him. I mentally sighed and stepped from behind Ba Wei and put on my best fake smile.

"Yes sir it is."

A smile spread across the older mans face, "it's been so long. I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around lately."

"Ah yeah. My father is constantly traveling for work so I was forced to change locations."

"I'm glad to see that you're making new friends. Cheng De was asking about you the other day. Do you not keep in touch." My blood almost immediately ran cold upon hearing that guys name.

"Um no. I lost my phone right upon moving so I lost everyone's contact," I said nonchalantly.

"That must have been terrible. Well you can give me your new number and I'll give it to him. I'm sure he'll love to hear from you since you were so close."

Even though I gave him my number without much resistance I was dying inside. I had tried so hard to get away from that guy, but now he would have my closest information. Just my fucking luck.

"Excuse me," Ba Wei said, " I hate to interrupt but I need to borrow him."

He didn't give the guy even the chance to say anything before he grabbed my arm and started pulling. He pulled me past majority of the people until a man came into view. If I say so myself he looked very much like Ba Wei. It much be his father.

"When is this party going to be over dad," Ba Wei asked as he let go of my arm?

His fathers attention immediately went to Ba Wei and then to me. I slightly bowed and he returned it.

"Why? You don't seem to be in a hurry."

"You know I don't like them."

He father let out a sigh, "you're welcome to go to your room if you like."

Ba Wei didn't waste anytime in leaving. I followed behind him closely and as we were leaving I heard his father voice ring through the room.

"It was nice to finally meet you Ji Nan."