Chapter One Hundred Fifty Eight +Nine|M|

Hello everyone

Hello everyone. Sorry for making you wait so long for these two chapters. The end of last year was rough for me mentally. I finally got enough time to finish these two charters for you. I hope you enjoy them. I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a happy new year. Thank you for still supporting this book ♥️♥️♥️

When we left my home town it was a rainy day. I had asked Ba Wei to just take the train back but he insisted we fly. It wasn't like I had never been on a plane before I just didn't want to spend much money. I still was cut off by my father and although I had plenty money I would rather not spend it unnecessarily .

We had just landed when Ba Wei started acting strange. As soon as we walked off the plane Ba Wei got a phone call. He answered it as we walked but he didn't say anything. I was going to ask what the call was about but when he hung up he seemed to be in a bad mood. He was quiet the entire time after that, even when we got in the car with Kang Wu.

"How was your flight?"

"It was fine," Ba Wei said.

"Father wishes to see you so I'll drop off Ji Nan first."

"Why can't I join," I asked confused.

"Well," Kang Wu looked at me from the rear view mirror, "it's not a family call."

I looked at Ba Wei and just looking at him I knew that this meeting wasn't something he wanted to go to. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it a bit. He glanced at me and flashes me a sly smile.

"Can the meeting wait like an hour," Ba Wei asked?

"I supposed it can. Have something to do?"

"Yeah. Gotta take care of something first."

Kang Wu just nodded, and the rest of the drive was silent. I just stared out the window wondering how my life would play out. It just seemed like everything was going left more and more. Maybe it was karma for all the bad things I had done in my youth. If I could go back I would, but I doubt it would change anything. I was still a terrible person.

I still dragged the people I love into the trouble I cause. Who could blame my father for being so strict. He could be dying yet he still tried his best to find information on my mom. Find information on the woman who hurt him so deeply. Why am I so selfish to not see that my father is trying?

"The meeting tonight, is it about the issue I was called about," Ba Wei asked Kang Wu pulling me out of my thought?

"Yeah. It's getting really bad. Father is worried it's going to be me up causing him to make an appearance."

"What's really bad," I asked?

"Nothing. Don't worry about it," Ba Wei quickly said.

"No. I want to know about it."