Chapter Twenty-Six

When I left for school it was quite busy

When I left for school it was quite busy. Probably because I had left ten minutes after I usually do. The noise was bothersome, but I just ignored it and focused on the route. As I passed by people some would stare at me. I know that I was handsome, but I didn't think me doing my hair would make so many people give me attention. I only had my hair gelled back and had earrings in. It was nothing special.

Although I put effort into looking well today, I didn't try to cover up the bruise on my face. I didn't think it was necessary. My father didn't say a word about it, so it couldn't be that noticeable. I wouldn't have cared if it was; I still wouldn't have covered it up. I smiled slightly and picked up my speed.

It didn't take me long to reach the school gates. It was still fairly empty. The only people who were probably inside were the teachers as usual. I looked at my watch and started walking inside. Even though I left a bit after I usually did, It still was early. Not that I minded much. I enjoyed the quietness.

I was about to go to the classroom and wait like I usually did, but decided to just wait outside. Seeing that I was going to seek out Yaling, it would be less of a hassle to just wait for her to get here.

I took off my bag and leaned against one of the poles. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through random things on social media. I honestly don't know why I have any of them. It's not like I ever post on any of them. I guess the gossip on them was enough to keep me entertained.

I scrolled through the random post looking for something interesting, but found nothing. In the end I just stuffed my phone back in my pocket and waited patiently.

About thirty minutes passed and soon the gates were filled with arriving students. I stood there not saying anything, I just started scanning the crowd for Yaling. It didn't take long for me to spot her. Her hair was in a high pony tail and a smile painted her face. She was with her usual group of friends, and I sighed. I hope this goes by quick.

I picked up my bag and started walking in her direction. As I pushed through the crowd, I could hear many girls whisper. I could even hear some say some compliments upfront. I just brush them off and walk up to Yaling. When our eyes met the smile on her face immediately vanished. I came to a stop in from of her and her friends stopped also.

"You said you wanted to talk." I didn't try to sound friendly.  In reality I didn't want to speak with her, but I know she wouldn't stop until I did.

She smiled, "yeah. I did. I'm surprised you read that message." She turned to her friends and told them she would catch up with them at lunch. Just how long will this talk take? "Let's go talk somewhere more private." I didn't say anything and just nodded. Without skipping a beat she grabbed my hand and started pulling me into the school. I rolled my eyes and just let her pull me around. When she finally stopped pulling we ended up on the side of one of the buildings.

"What do you need to talk about."

She looked up at me, "straight to the point. Well..."

"Spit it out," I said coldly.

"Well it's about the guy you've been hanging around lately."

I sighed, "I already told you who I hang around is not your business."

"I know. I know, but I just don't want you to get hurt. He's a delinquent you know. He's a member of a gang," she said frantically.

I looked at her in disbelief, "none of those things matter to me."

"They should. I see that bruise on your face. Did he do that?" I was about to say something but she cut me off. "See what kind of friend does that to another friend?" I was just baffled at her. She truly was trying to find anything to make Ba Wei look bad, and get her point across.

"So what," I said.

"What?" Her face was flushed red and she seemed to be visibly upset.

"So what if he's a member of a gang," I said calmly. "He can be in whatever he wants to be in."

"You really don't care that you're hanging out with a criminal?"

I I turned my back to her, "don't contact me again if this is what you want to discuss."  I started to walk away, but I could hear her start to rush forward. She grabbed my arm and I stopped. I turned my head to the side and looked at her.

"Do you value my opinion that little? Aren't I your friend to?" I stayed silent and turned my head back around. Why do you have to make me be rude to you?

"I don't value your opinion at all. If you thought we were friends I'm sorry because you were never that to me." I pulled my arm out of her grasp and walked out from behind the building. I wasn't suprised that people looked at me as I walked pass them. Most of them seemed to have looks of curiosity before they made eye contact with me.

I can't say that I didn't look murderous. I was angry, annoyed, and everything in between. I should have just ignored her like I always have. Why do I always have to be nice to people? I just want to know what she thought she would accomplish by telling me those things. What does she want to accomplish? She really is annoying.

I pushed my way through the groups of students, not caring who I bumped into. I just wanted to get to class and take a breather before school began. I just looked one way and soon I arrived at my destination. I walked into the classroom and took a seat at my desk. My head was throbbing. Am I really that angry?

I laid my head down and took in several deep breaths. Just breathe. Just breathe.