Chapter Eighty-Eight

When I walked out into the busy night street I immediately regretted it

When I walked out into the busy night street I immediately regretted it. The noise, the lights, the people all made my already bad mood worse. As I began to walk down the street I continued to look for nearby hotels. Every now and then I would look up and make sure I didn't run into anyone and as I would do this I would constantly catch people staring. It wasn't like I cared but for them to get caught and still stare was a bit annoying.

After walking for a few minutes I finally found a hotel that I liked. I walked to the side of the street and leaned up against the wall of a building and clicked on the directions. It was only a block away from where I was already. If I started walking there now I should get there in around ten minutes.

Just as I was about to push off the wall my phone started to vibrate and as soon as I saw the first two digits I clicked the power button. I let out a sigh and pushed off from the wall and started making my way to the hotel.

When I got there the lobby was almost empty, but as I glanced around the very lavish looking room I noticed the door to a bar. Thats probably where everyone is; hell I could use a drink.

I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind and made my way to the counter. As the receptionist laid her eyes on me she seemed somewhat confused. She was a beautiful woman. Long black silky hair and from what I could see a very nice body. I could be wrong since I could only see her upper half and she put her chest on full display with the v-neck shirt she wore.

"Can I help you with something sir," she asked kindly.

"I would like to book a room."

"Okay. Would you like a regular room or would you like a suite or any other type of special room."

"A regular room is fine," I pulled out my wallet and pulled my card out and slid it over to her, "I don't care how much the room is. Just swipe the card and give me the key."

She looked a bit stunned by my overall attitude but still did what I said. She slid my card along with a key back over to me. As I reached out for them our fingers slightly touched. She jumped back almost immediately and I couldn't help but smirk.

"Thank you," I said while slightly bowing my head.

"Enjoy your stay."

I didn't even bother to look back at her and made my way to the elevator. I looked down at the number on the key and since it was a single digit number it had to be on the first floor. I pressed the button and waited patiently for the doors to open and when they did my eyes met with a rather pretty woman. I slightly bowed and walked on. I pressed the first floor button and leaned against the elevator walls.