Chapter Sixty-Six

I didn't say anything and just continued to eat my chips

I didn't say anything and just continued to eat my chips. I turned my attention to the bag in my hands but I can't say that Ba Wei did. I could feel his eyes on me to the point that I had to look back over at him.

"What?"

"Nothing," he smirked, "I just..."

"You just what?"

"I just was thinking of how I wanted to touch your hair."

I was taken off guard by this statement simply because it was strange. He had touched my hair before so I couldn't understand why he wouldn't just do it this time.

"You can if you want, I don't mind," I said shifting my eyes.

Without a skip of a beat I felt his hand touch my head. I tried my best to stay as calm as possible because usually I don't let people touch my hair. It wasn't that I thought they're hands were gross or anything I just don't like people enough to let them do that sort of thing, but I guess Ba Wei is special.

I would have thought he would have his feel after a minute but instead he ran his hands through my hair. Each time he would touch my scalp I would slightly shiver and I knew he noticed because he began to do it more.

"Stop."

"Why," he asked chuckling?

"You know why."

He didn't say anything but he did stop. He didn't remove his hand though. Slowly he moved it to my neck and slightly squeezed it. He didn't say anything but the gesture he did spoke an apology for him. We sat in silence for a few minutes before I broke it.

"What were you doing before you came here?"

Ba Wei's hand dropped from my neck, "I was talking to one of my friends about something."

"About what?" Ba Wei glanced at me and this made me raise an eyebrow. "You don't want to tell me?"

"It's not that. I just know you won't approve," he chuckled out.

"Tell me."

"Well It was about business. Someone's been going around doing some stuff on my turf so I'll have to deal with it."

"You're gonna beat the guy up right," I asked nonchalantly?

"Yeah basically. I would've though you'd be more surprised."

I looked over at him, "I'm more familiar with the kind of life you live than you think."

It wasn't a lie. I wouldn't say that I have been invoiced in a gang of such status as Ba Wei, but before I moved I was initially in a gang. I was beaten to join, not that I got many injuries from ordeal. That's how I met Han Jie Xue; I guess you can call her my ex. She was and still is very beautiful, but her attitude spoils her beauty.

I wish I could say I didn't use her just for sex but that's exactly what I did. I know I'm a shitty person but she used me for my money so I guess we're both pieces of shit. I didn't even tell her that I was moving. I just changed my number and left. I didn't tell anyone from back home. Yet I know for a fact that she'll find where I am. She's always been like that. She's basically a stalker.

"Really? Don't tell me the honor student has some demons in his closet."

I laughed, "a lot that you'll never know about."

"That's not fair. You can't tease with the promise of stories and then not deliver."

"You're not going to hear any stories so I guess you can just pout like you're doing right now."

Ba Wei laughed and nudged me a bit, "unlike you I don't pout."

——

When the lunch bell rang I didn't want to get up and neither did Ba Wei but we knew we had to. We glanced at each other and sighed. We both got to our feet and started walking towards the door.

"The rest of the day should be really fun."

"Tell me about it," I said signing. "I don't even wanna take notes anymore."

"Then don't."

"Unlike you, I actually want to pass my classes with flying colors."

Ba Wei laughed, "don't be an ass. It wasn't like I was failing."

"Even if you weren't. You had to be on the verge."

Neither of us said anything after that and just laughed. When we started walking down the hallway the stares started coming in.

"We must be famous or something," Ba Wei said.

"Maybe, but they're probably looking at you."

"At me? Why?"

"No ever sees you so they're probably stunned to see you with someone."

"You know that seems reasonable."

I didn't say anything in return and soon we made it to the middle of the halls. Both of us stopped walking and looked at each other. The halls were still lovely with students trying to get back to their respectable classrooms but surprisingly no one bumped into us.

"I'll see you at the tutoring session. Try not to be late."

"As if I do that on purpose."

"You did before so I wouldn't put it past you." Ba Wei sucked how teeth, "also take some notes while you're in class and I'll check them." I turned and started walking away.

"Why?"

I turned my head to look at him, "because I'll give you a reward if they're well organized."

Ba Wei didn't say anything but smirked and turned on the opposite direction. Even though I said I would give him a reward I had no actual plan to give him such a thing. In fact I just wanted to see if he actually does better if he's promised something in return. If this works I'm going to tease him hard about it.

I smiled slightly as I walked back into my class but it immediately fell when I saw Yaling standing by my desk. What does she want now. You would think that she would get that I don't want to talk to her, but apparently she's hard of hearing.

I walked over to my desk and sat down, and didn't spare her a glance. I could hear the people in the classroom whispering about why she was standing there.

"Um Ji Nan..."

"Go back to your seat. Class is about to start."

My tone was cold and to my surprise she didn't put up much of a fight and went to her seat. I opened my notebooks and started preparing for the next class when my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my porch to see Ba Weis name.

Ba Wei: class hasn't even started yet and my hands are already cramping.

Me: stop being dramatic. I doubt that they'll be a lot of notes today.

Ba Wei: this is coming from the guy who has three notebooks just for notes.

Me: just take the notes okay.

Ba Wei: that reward better be worth the pain I'm about to go through

I didn't text back and put my phone in my pocket right when the teacher walked in the classroom. As they began talking I began writing and even though the class just started I knew I had told Ba Wei a lie because there most definitely would be a lot of notes.