Chapter One

"Tutor," I asked dumbfounded?

My homeroom teacher nodded, "Yes, a tutor. You are one of my brightest students, and I think this will be a useful thing for you to do."

"Who will I be tutoring." He reached behind him and pulled out a folder. I watched carefully as he started to flip through it.

"Is there anyone, in particular, you'd like to tutor," he asked suddenly.

"No, I was just wondering how troublesome this task would be," I responded truthfully.

He sighed, "Not too troublesome. After all, you are only going to be tutoring this person." I nodded, and he turned his attention back to the files. I waited in silence for the name of the person who I would be stuck with for who knows how long. This would mess up the strict schedule I had.

"The person you will be tutoring is a student by the name of Ba Wei. Do you know them?"

I shook my head, "I have never heard of him."

"Well, you'll get to know him."

"How long will these sessions last?"

"The sessions will be an hour-long, each day until his grades start to get better." The more I listened the more this 'task' sounded like a punishment.

"When do they start?"

"The first one will be today after school in room 205. I will let the other party know as well."

"How bad are Ba Wei's grades exactly?"

"They are not too bad, but not good either. Hence why we need your help. Don't think that you have been singled out in this process. Many students have been assigned students in need just as you have."

"I understand. I will try my best to help him."

"You may go now. Enjoy the rest of your lunch break."

"Same to you," I said as I stood.

I bowed and took my leave. When I walked out into the hallway it was noisy. It was always like this at lunch, and I didn't appreciate it. I pushed my way through the crowd skillfully. As I was scanning the ocean of students my eyes met with someone I wish they hadn't. I shifted my eyes quickly and pretended like I didn't see them, but it was too late.

"Ji Nan," a high pitched voice called! Even though I wanted to keep walking; I stopped out of kindness. I turned around to see a short girl approaching me. Her hair hung to her shoulders, beautifully framing her face. A smile was plastered across it.

" hey Yaling," I said with a smile. Although I had a smile on my face, I was anything but happy to see her. It wasn't that she was annoying, it was that she brought a crowd with her. I don't like people, and I can't understand how she couldn't have guessed that by now.