Chapter One Hundred Eighty Nine

Thank you so much for being patient with me

Thank you so much for being patient with me. This chapter is finally done. I've been moving all the while having inventory at work. I didn't proofread this one so bear with me with the typos. Anyway. Enjoy loves ♥️

A few days had passed since the day that I talked to my mother. Everything had went back to normal. School was just as boring and me and Ba Wei were fine. Although I noticed that he was more attentive to me than before. It wasn't a bad thing at all, but sometimes it felt as if he was trying to build himself up to do something. I hadn't said anything to him about it but this morning while we were getting ready for school I noticed fresh bruises on him.

I didn't say anything about them because I knew he wouldn't tell me anything, but I still was worried. I was sitting in class just looking out the window thinking. I wonder what Ba Wei was up to right now. It was close to lunch and there truly was no telling. I let out a sigh and turned my attention back to the teacher. I couldn't tell you what she was talking about. My mind had been elsewhere the entire morning because of all the talk about who my father was.

I didn't really care all that much. That guy seemed proud of himself at first but when he saw me have no reaction he seemed more angry than anything else. I had to tell Ba Wei to leave him be when he found out he had told people. He's cute when he was being overprotective. A small smile spread across my lips as I thought about it. I want to see him.

A few more minutes passed before lunch started. I rose from my seat and tried to leave the room but was stopped by a guy from my class stepping in front of me.

"Yes," I questioned?

"It's not none of my business but is your father really Ji Guanting?"

"Yes, he is."

"Why did you not tell anyone? Are you ashamed to be going to school with normal people or something." The class had grown really quiet as he asked that question and I sighed.

"It wasn't something I thought I needed to tell to strangers. Now if you'll excuse me."

Without a second thought I walked around the guy and left. The halls were a bit crowded but strangely it didn't bother me all that much. I slowly made my way to the roof and as I started climbing the stairs I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

"You're usually already here when I arrive." I smiled and turned to look at Ba Wei who had a bag in hand.

"Got caught up in something, so I'm late just like you always are."

"That was a low blow. I have to get us food now don't I?"

I laughed and started climbing the stairs again. I held the door open for him and he clutched his chest like he was touched.