Chapter One Hundred Seventy Nine

Convincing Ba Wei's father to let us go outside wasn't hard at all, but convincing him to not send guards with us was another story

Convincing Ba Wei's father to let us go outside wasn't hard at all, but convincing him to not send guards with us was another story. Ba Wei had to raise his voice just to get his point across to Ba Ming Chun, and it seemed to work. We had just walked out the door when we heard the sound of locks.

"Do they really have to lock the house down again?"

"Yeah. It's just protocol." He grabbed my hand, "come on."

I let him pull me to the tree line right beside the house. He dropped my hand and walked over to a small box flipping a switch. I watched in awe as lights began to light up a small trail in the trees.

"Is this safe?"

"Yeah. There's guards swimming in these woods. My father is stubborn so I doubt he would call them off just for our privacy."

I nodded and grabbed his hand and began to walk down the trail. I took in all the sounds of the woods and relaxed a bit.

"This is nice. It reminds me of the pond," I said lowly.

"I didn't expect you to like that place so much."

"What? The pond?"

"Yeah. When I first brought you there I felt stupid because I thought you'd hate it."

I let out a chuckle, "why did you think that?"

"You were a bit serious back then, and seeing how you complained going there I really thought you were going to be disappointed."

I squeezed his hand, "god you thought so low of me back then."

"Well you were kind of a dick to me because I was interfering with your schedule."

I laughed, "I had a lot going on okay. Cut me some slack."

He didn't say anything and just laughed. As we walked down the small path I couldn't help but enjoy the sounds of nature. It was peaceful. As I looked around the darkness my eyes met with someone else's. I squeezed Ba Wei's hand slightly getting his attention.

"What is it?"

"There's a guy standing over there,"I said as I turned to look at him.

"I'm surprised you could see them with how dark it is."

"Well I only saw their eyes. It's kinda easy to sense when someone is staring at you."

He didn't say anything but he pulled my arm hard causing me to fall into him. Before I could protest at the sudden pull he kissed me.

I pushed him off, "what was that for asshole?"

He chuckled, "just had to let people know that you're taken."

"As if they don't know that."

"Come on, calm down a bit," he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Why should I," I asked humorously?

His hands slid down to my ass, "I can always make you."

A blush rose to my cheeks, "stop. There's people watching."

He leaned down and kissed my neck, "what about them?"

"You're such a pervert," I said as I pushed him away.

He laughed, "Its not like they were going to watch."

"Its not about them watching," I said as I started back walking.

"Hmm you're right," he said catching up to me, "you do get pretty loud."

"You're such a dick."

He laughed and grabbed my hand. I intertwined our fingers and I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. As I stared at the dark yet beautiful forest around me I felt relaxed for the first time in a long time.

"Ba Wei," I called softly.

"hmm?"

"I've lost everyone around me and now my father is also going to be out of reach. I don't know how to feel about that. Sure I feel the need to cry but," I looked up at the sky, " I can't picture my father not being in my life.l even though he's barely in it now."

"It will be no different. You can take him everywhere with you. He'll always be there for you whether it's physical or not."

I just nodded and he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. That small gesture meant the world to me. This guy actually cared about me. He actually loved me. It's funny to think about how we met. How rude I was. To think that I wanted to be alone back then.

I would never admit it to anyone but life back then was lonely. So lonely that I found happiness in cleaning, and grocery shopping. The feeling of finally being able to trust someone feels amazing.

"What are you smiling about," Ba Wei asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"What? I'm not smiling."

"You were," he said with a laugh. "What were you thinking about?"

I looked over at him, "I was just thinking about us. How far our relationship has come."

"Im glad recalling that is pleasant for you."

"Well for the most part. I haven't forgot about having to carry you to my house. What even happened that night?"

"That night actually was because of Kang Wu. They wanted me to beat someone up for them, but I had told them I don't do favors like the the day before. That bastard took their money and told them I'd take care of it and when it wasn't they came looking for me."

"Yeah but I didn't think they'd be able to drop you like that. Even if it was two."

"Well the night before I had been beaten by my father so I didn't really have all that much fight left in me. It was just the circumstance.

"You never told me that," I said softly.

"It wasn't a big deal. It was my fault anyway. I broke a big rule and I took my punishment like a man."

"Every time I start to think your father isn't that bad you give me knew reasons to hate him."

Ba Wei laughed, "Yeah, you get used to it pretty quickly. Dads personality shines through the more you're around him." He looked up at the sky, "To be honest I don't think my father has ever told me the extent of things he's done to keep me safe."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not dumb as he thinks I am. There were times in my childhood where he would lock me in the house and leave for days. He's tried his hardest to not let me see him hurt, but I know there were times where he was in pain but still had to do his job."

"He may not say he loves you verbally but he definitely shows it through his actions. He's a ass but he does care Ba Wei."

He squeezed my hand and started to turn around. I guess we're heading back. I don't even know how long we had been walking but I feel like it was needed for the both of us. I pulled Ba Wei towards me, and to my surprise he put his arm around my shoulder.

"If you want to be close to me, you could've just told me."

I leaned over and kissed him, "If I tell you that I doubt I'll be able to walk tomorrow."

He laughed, "You have such a filthy mind sometimes."