Chapter Thirty-Eight

"You're the worst," I said out of breath

"You're the worst," I said out of breath. I watched as a smile spread across those full lips of his as he walked in my direction.

"How am I the worst?" The smile on his face was smug, and if I could hit him I would.

"You really have to ask that," I said as I sat down. My body felt like a truck hit it. The adrenaline that had once pumped through my system was gone, and that only left the soreness behind. It would probably get worse when I took a shower and lay down for bed. Why did I even continue to play this game when I knew it would end up like this?

I wanted to continue to scold myself but when Ba Wei sat down beside me my mind went blank. I don't know why, but it did. We sat there in silence not saying anything to each other for a good minute. I glanced over him quickly, and couldn't help but notice how the sun beamed off the sweat on his body. How erotic.

I don't know how long we sat there in silence because the silence itself wasn't unpleasant. It was comfortable to the point that I didn't feel the need to break it, but I was curious about something.

"How did you learn basketball?"

He sighed, "I play with my friends a lot, but my father taught me."

"Really," I asked shocked? "I bet your father was easier on your than you were on me."

Ba Wei let out a full throat laugh, "you would've died if my father taught you. He plays dirty."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you see this scar," he pointed at a small scar on his waist, "I got this from being taught basketball."

It didn't look like a bad scar, but it still looked like it would be painful. Without thinking I reached out and ran my fingers across it. The skin around it was rough. It reminded me of someone who I use to call a friend. Don't think about him.

Ba Wei cleated his throat and I quickly removed my hand. I looked up at him and I was surprised to see that he wasn't looking in my direction. He was looking off in the distance.

"Uh, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For...touching-"

"It's alright," he said cutting me off, "it's not a big deal.

I nodded my head and took the initiative to change the subject because I knew the silence that followed that would make me feel even more embarrassed than I already was.