Chapter 34: Study Date! Part 3

FIRST UPLOADED: JANUARY 15, 2021     UPDATED: AUGUST 2, 2021 11:30 AM  

"So part did you get Kye?" Kevin asks his daughter. Kylie slowly takes her eyes away from Mr.Miles and looks at her dad. "I got Ariel!" She says excitedly. She squeals still giddy from the news. Kevin's face lights up. "I knew you'd get it!" He says as he walks to her. He gives her a big hug and swirls her in a circle. After he puts her down, he takes a step back and she smiles at him. "I didn't want to get my hopes up." She shrugs. He nods agreeing. "That's understandable." Mr. Miles looks up from his phone. "Matt didn't want to get his hopes up either." "It's a good thing he didn't because he didn't get the role he wanted." Kylie looks at him and sighs, extremely relieved. "Thank goodness." She mumbles, relieved that he took her advice about stepping down as Prince Eric. Mr. Miles looks at her and tilts his head. He purses his lips and makes a small grunt. "He will be playing the role of Triton." He smiles. "It was his second choice, but he didn't want it as bad as the role of Prince Eric." Kylie closes her eyes and clenches her fists together and presses them to her side. Matt's dad frowns and sighs.

Kevin looks from Mr. Miles to his daughter. "Is your headache coming back?" She opens her eyes and un-clenches her fists. "No, dad. I'm fine." She lies. Kevin's shoulders relax. "I just remembered that if I'm able to go to the Crab Shack, I better leave now before I'm late." She looks at Mr. Miles. "The late lunch rush arrives around 1:30." He nods, not believing her. She smiles, still having a feeling that he knows more about Mr. Rites' murder than he is letting on. She also has an uneasy feeling that he knows about Mer-Folk. Kevin hugs her and tells her that she better go before it gets too busy. He walks over toward the fridge and rummages through it.

Matt's dad walks toward Kylie and places his hand on her shoulder, startling her. "I do know." He says peering down into Kylie's eyes. She takes her focus away from her dad and looks at him and she can feel her chest tighten as his intense eyes look into hers. Her entire body begins to heat up. But not in a good way. Frantically, she looks over to her dad. He is no longer standing where she last saw him, he's retrieving something from the top of the pantry shelf. She looks back at Mr. Miles. "Why are you here?" She asks him quietly, her voice low and weak. He takes his hand off her shoulder. He sighs. "Sorry about that." He apologizes. Kylie glares at him. He nods. "Sorry for hurting you." Kylie finches. She steps back a few steps. "You did that to me?" She says putting her hand up cautiously. She looks over to her dad, now noisily searching for something in the pots and pan cabinet. "I did. And I am so very sorry. I couldn't have you searching for my aura or thoughts." He reveals. She gasps. Matt's dad nods. "It's exactly what you think." He says. Kylie shakes her head back and forth. "So everything your son told me and my friends is the truth," Kylie asks him curiously. "It is." "Including the Double Bonding." He informs her. Kylie's heart drops to her feet for the countless time that day.

"I know what you are thinking." "While I want my son to have a BondMate; I don't encourage him to be an imbecile at all. I encourage him to gain your trust and love by being a good person and a loyal friend." He says looking at Kylie. "Not by fighting with his cousin."

She can feel her chest tighten more. She stays silent for a moment, not able to say anything. Staring off into the living room, she gets caught up in her thoughts; all the chaos and stress from the day has already put a toll on her. She can't be in a play where her new boyfriend is her love interest and the other Merman who chose her as a BondMate will be playing her father in the play! That means she'll have to be around Matt all the time now. With the plans to defeat Kleodora, learning about Finn's family, and now the play. She was going to have to deal with being around him, and so was Finn.