Chapter 28: Mysteries At The Park! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 4, 2019; Dec. 1, 2020, 12:45 PM; June 30, 2021)

             Jakobe ignores his brother's comment and raises his eyebrow curiously. "Maybe she's a mermaid. You said she had gills right?" Brian looks up at him. He scratches his chin. "Hmmm. She did. She also had webbed fingers and fins on her forearms. So maybe she is. Maybe she's a different kind." Jakobe quickly glances behind him. "Maybe she can give us answers to how you and Kylie became what you are." He says. Brian shakes his head furiously. "Absolutely not!" He demands. "Like I said. She looked way too angry. She looked like she wanted to kill me. She looked like a predator. Not a friend. I don't think we should come here anymore." 

Jakobe recoils back. "What?" Looking surprised by what his brother had just said. Jakobe shakes his head. "I'd have to disagree. I think we should come here more often to find out more." Brian puts his hand up to stop his brother from talking, but he is unsuccessful. "NO. This isn't something I'm going to go along with because of your Merman instincts. My instinct is telling me to come here more often to figure things out as to why and how you and Kylie became what you two are. And I bet you that Kylie would agree." Jakobe lets out a much needed exhale. Standing there, waiting for his brother's response, he catches a quick glance at the trees. The figure is still standing there. A small shiver runs down his spine. Brian looks in his direction. "I told you we need to go. She looks even more pissed than she did before." And quickly shoves Jakobe. "Go! She's going to get us!" Jakobe stumbles back. And stares at his brother in complete shock. "What the hell Brian. Chill. We can go. But don't push me again." Jakobe warns him. He rolls his eyes as he puts the collar up on his leather jacket.

Brian slowly touches Jakobe's arm and leans against him. Jakobe rolls his eyes when he looks at him and leans his head toward him. Brian whispers a warning to Jakobe. "I have a strange feeling she can hear everything we say if we say it loud enough and I have a feeling she is happier when we are afraid. So let's pretend to stay here and pretend to get a text from Kaylee. Then leave." Jakobe nods nervously. "And think about anything besides her, to get rid of the fear." Jakobe nods again.

They both turn around and Jakobe picks up the Basketball. Brian looks at his brother. "I'm glad we had that talk. That helped. I was crazy to think that something was in the trees. Probably was just an animal I saw and I was imagining things. I have been watching too many Fantasy and Sci-Fi movies." Jakobe looks at Brian confused. Then he fully understands. Then he smirks. "Yeah. I told you everything is fine. Let's go play." Jakobe says as he spins the Basketball on his index finger. Brian nods. "Let's play ball."

Moments after they get on the court, they hear a shriek. Brian and Jakobe jump startled. They look into the wooded area the mysterious woman was and still see her. But this time she is creeping closer to them. They both jump and scream in pain. "What was that?!" Brian yells frightened. Jakobe looks at his brother and shakes his head furiously. "I have no idea. It felt like we were being shocked." They both look back into the woods behind the Basketball court and don't see the woman. Brian looks around freaked out. "Ummmmm.... Where did she go. What is going to happen to us?" Jakobe looks at his brother, his eyes wide. "I don't know. I think she's going to kill us." Brian finally admits as his chest starts to tighten. He clutches his chest. "Ouch. I think I know how Kylie feels now." Jakobe looks next to him at his brother. "What do you mean? Has she come across this person before? Is this the person who hurt Kylie in the cave pool?" He asks as his voice shakes worried. Brian shakes his head as his breathing increases. "That's not what I meant. And I don't know if she saw this woman before. But electricity would make sense." He looks around as his heart begins to beat faster. "I meant I know how she feels now because I think I'm getting anxiety or something." He says confused. Jakobe looks deeper into the woods not hearing anything Brian is saying. "Ummmmm....She's still here Brian. We have to go now." He says as he sees the bluish-grey women glaring at them. Brian kneels down clutching his chest heaving. Jakobe looks down at his brother and scrambles to his side.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Are you okay? What's wrong? Did she do something to you?" Brian shakes his head slowly. "No." He says weekly. Jakobe's eyebrows wrinkle confused. "Then what happened. You were fine just a second ago." Jakobe says. Brian closes his eyes and puts his hand up to Jakobe. Jakobe takes his brother's cue to stop talking and ignores what he was going to say. Instead, he simply shakes his head concerned.