Chapter 6: The Premonition Dinner! Part 3

Originally Published: 2013-2014. Updated July 2017; November 2019; July 3, 2020; September 25, 2021; August 7, 2023; August 26, 2023. 

      Evie and Kylie look at Nicholas staring at Brianna, with his mouth hung open. "Look what you did to him. You shocked him so much you froze him you witch." Kylie glares at Kaylee and Nicholas gasps.

       "I tried so hard to ignore the rumors and comments and tell people that it wasn't you starting them. But boy was I making a mistake." Evie stares at Kaylee furiously.

       Kylie scowls at her evil soon-to-be step-sister. "It's you who's been starting those rumors." "And now you terrified my brother into thinking we aren't siblings." Kylie shakes her head disappointed. "And I told your mom you were doing better at school and slowly being nicer to me." 

      Kaylee shrugs. "She's not going to believe you. I'm her real daughter. You're just going to be her stepdaughter." 

     Nicholas scoffs. "Can the two of you just stop? Can you two stop arguing for one day? I don't even understand what you guys are arguing about in the first place." He says frustrated. He looks at his sister saddened by the possibility they aren't fully related.

      Kaylee rolls her eyes. "It's because you are stealing my friends and you like Brian! And he likes you." She wines and stomps her foot. Kylie and Evie chuckle. Even Nick laughs. 

      Kylie regains her composure. She holds up her hand. "First, I'm not stealing your friends. They still hang out with you. And if we could magically tolerate each other; you could be around them more." Then Kylie laughs again. "And for the hundredth time, I don't like Brian." She tells Kaylee countless times.

       Kaylee scoffs. "Well, he likes you." She growls appalled. "He flirts with you ALL the time." 

      Kylie shrugs, her disgust turning into sympathy. "I'm sorry. I told him that I didn't like that. But he still does it."

       Kaylee's scowl slackens. "Oh." Kylie nods. Kaylee looks up to Kylie. "Then who do you like?" She asks. Kylie flinches. Evie sees her flinch and waits to see if she says anything about Finn.

      "My boyfriend." Kylie says plainly, trying to keep her emotions to herself. Kaylee rolls her eyes. "People at school keep talking about you liking someone who's in his 12th year." She glares at Kylie. Nicholas also keeps his gaze on his sister. Kaylee's brows crease, not buying it. 

      Kylie sighs. "My boyfriend will be in his twelfth year next year." Kylie tilts her head." "Well, technically he will be a Senior this August." She says trying to remember the schedule in America. Since moving to Australia, she hasn't been able to keep certain things straight. And the different school year is difficult to keep separate.

      "What? He lives in West Virginia. So technically he'll be a Senior this August. Their new school year usually starts around August and not February." She shrugs as Kaylee stares at her. 

      "I've been told that he goes to our school." Evie looks at Kaylee and rolls her eyes. "Are you sure they are telling the truth?" Evie says. 

      Kaylee scowls at her. "I know they are because this person they said is not good company. And I've been watching you at school and at the beach since they told me about him." Kaylee laughs sardonically. "And it's so obvious."

       Nicholas looks at his sister and sees her face start to go red. "So who is this mysterious person you think I like?" Kylie says, holding back her feelings and trying to sound like she's playing along. She smirks at Kaylee.

      Kaylee flinches, not expecting Kylie to continue. She expected her to drop it. Sure, her point in bringing this up was to embarrass Kylie and get Kevin mad at Kylie. But she was already getting bored. Kaylee cringes. "People are talking about you and Finn Chrisholm." She says loudly, tossing her brown hair over her shoulder.