Chapter 8: An Australian Adventure! Part 3

First Uploaded: 2013-2014  Dates updated: January or February 2018 October Jan. 13, 2020

An hour later, when she and Nicholas walk up to their driveway, Kylie lets out a sigh of relief and looks at Nicholas. "Thank goodness dad's not home yet. I really didn't want to tell him where we went. And I don't want to lie to him." Nicholas nods and agrees with her as they walk up to the door. "I need to get ready for my concert in a few. I'm really nervous." Nicholas looks at her as she turns the doorknob. "You'll do great sis. You always do great." She smiles sweetly at him as they both walk into the house.

As they get inside, Kylie immediately goes up to her room to get ready while Nicholas goes straight to his old PlayStation 2. He has a PlayStation 4, but he's been obsessed with the old game son the PS2. Kylie picks up her Mascara and gets a text. She reaches for her phone next to her makeup remover wipes. Looking down at the text, she rolls her eyes as her anxiety takes over. Right after that text, she gets a text from her dad letting her know he has a date. She does the finishing touches of her makeup, then she goes and lets Nicholas know that she's taking him to their aunts down the street. He pauses his game and looks behind him to see his sister already ready for her concert. "I'm in the middle of a wrestling match. It usually takes you 45 minutes to get ready for a concert. Not 25. And why do you look weird." Kylie jerks nervously blotting her face. "What did I not set my makeup right? Or is the contouring terrible? I had to do it super quick because I have to be at the Crab Shack 10 minutes early." Even though Kylie hasn't had any big-time gigs yet, she has an opportunity to pick up singing again at her new favorite place to eat.

Nicholas looks at Kylie confused. "Uhhh. I have no clue what you are talking about. I don't wear makeup." Nicholas pauses his game and puts down his controller as Kylie laughs. Nicholas looks at Kylie's face again. "You look fine. But you look like you're going to pass out or puke or you got bad news." Kylie looks at her brother trying to figure out how to break the news to him. "Ummmm...dad won't be home for dinner because he has a date." She looks at Nicholas' face. He looks like someone punched him in the gut. Nicholas' face reddens a little. "Why would he do that! It hasn't been that long since mommy died!" Kylie thinks thoroughly of how to explain to her little brother why their dad is going on a date.

She looks at her brother sympathetically. "Bub." She reaches for his hand. "It's been a year. That's a long time. And dad probably needs someone to talk to. He needs someone to go to the movies with." She explains as simply as she can. Her brother is smarter than most 11-year-olds, but when it comes to love and dating, he still is a little clueless. Nicholas nods. "I guess. But why can't he talk to us?" He asks. Kylie smiles. "Because he needs an adult to talk to. He needs an adult friend." Nicholas wipes the tears off his face and nods. "Okay. But I don't' like it." Kylie smiles. "I know. I understand." Truthfully. She didn't like it either.