Chapter 32: Seventh Addition! Part 1

FIRST UPLOADED: JANUARY 5, 2020   UPDATED: AUGUST 1, 2020 5:39 PM

"What the hell." Kaylee exclaims. Kylie and Brian look at her in shock. Brian's eyes widen. "Kaylee. Since when did you......" "Start cursing." Evie interrupts him, noticing that he can't get the words out due to his shock. Kaylee looks at everyone around her. She shrugs as it's no big deal. "Since my life started spiraling out of control." She admits.

Kylie and Evie both nod. "Tell me about it." Kylie says. Evie huffs. Kylie looks at her twin and pats her arm. "I can't believe we are both Mermaids." She tries to fake a smile.

Kaylee looks at Evie and Kylie. She sighs frustrated, feeling left out, yet again. Kylie looks at Kaylee sympathetically. Kaylee rolls her eyes. "Don't give me that look." She retorts. Kylie recoils back. Evie grits her teeth, hoping they won't argue. "What look?" Kylie asks genuinely confused. Kaylee sighs. "The look everyone has been giving me since I've gotten the call from my doctor. And also ever since you guys found out you are twins!" She yells frustrated. Evie and Kylie look at each other. Evie nods. "She's right. We have been acting differently toward her. I'm sure she wants us to treat her as we normally would." Evie says, looking from Kylie to the rest of the group.

Finn nods. "I don't blame her. That's what I would want." He looks at Kylie and grabs her hand. Kylie smiles at the warm feeling it gives her when his hand touches hers. She looks at Kaylee and gives her a smile too. Nicholas looks at his sister, realizing her smile looks a little strained. Evie and Kaylee look at their sister and notice the same thing. "In our current situation, I'm sure we all want to be treated normally." Kaylee says, acknowledging Kylie's face. Kylie nods. "Yeah." That is all Kylie can muster up.

"Are we going to ignore the fact that Finn is Merman royalty and Evie is also a Mermaid!" "Oh, and the Mer-World have heard about Kylie and Evie's special circumstance." Brian changes the subject. Finn scoffs. "Don't remind me of that." Kylie looks from one sister to the other. "It's insane for us too." Kaylee looks at Matt curiously, who has been staring at them with a scowl this entire time.

"Would it be possible for me to also be a Mermaid?" She asks, her voice shaking a little. Matt releases a long breath. He pauses, letting everyone wait for his response. "It depends." He says plainly. Kaylee sighs annoyed. "If your mom or dad are Mer-Folk, then you very well might be. As I explained before; it's possible to not display signs until a certain age and that usually requires to come in contact with another relative, fall in love, or come in contact with one of the Spelled bodies of water." "And that usually only happens if the parent suppresses the child's Mer-Folks side or if the parent lets go of theirs."

Finn looks at Evie astonished. "Maybe that's what your dad did to you so you could have a normal and safe life on land." Matt nods. "For once, I'd have to agree with Finn. That's very possible." Evie sighs exhausted. "I know I've felt left out my entire life, but I don't want that burden." She says.

"It's not a burden. It's a gift, Mother Ocean, gives us." Matt says scornfully. Kylie looks at Matt curiously. While she is staring at him, she notices the scowl on his face as he continues to glare at Evie. She slowly reaches for his hand and tugs at it. His gaze shifts from Evie to her. His expression suddenly changing. He blinks and he forms a tight smile, facing Kylie, trying not to get to thrilled that she's paying attention to him. When she notices his attention isn't on Evie, she nods toward Evie. "She doesn't know the positives of being a Mermaid. And she's been an outcast her entire life. You have to understand why she wouldn't want this Matt. I know you've been a Merman..."

Matt suddenly hugs her, cutting her off. He sighs as he smells her hair. He doesn't think anyone would notice because it was quick, but by Finn's glare, he suspects Finn saw. So he slowly pulls away from her.

Kylie stares at Matt, her eyes squinting at him. She could have sworn she felt a rush of some warm feeling when he was hugging her, and it wasn't coming from her. She thought it was odd and out of the blue when he hugged her. She ignores the feeling and tries to focus on what is happening now. "I guess you understand?" She asks Matt. Matt looks at Evie and nods. "I do. And I'm terribly sorry Evie. I've never been in your situation and I never thought someone wouldn't want to be part of my world." He apologizes. Kylie looks at Matt and smiles, feeling the genuine guilt and sincerity coming from his aura.

Matt smiles back at her. "I think for once I actually heard what you had to say Kye." Kylie flinches. "Sorry. I know I can't call you that." Finn huffs. Matt reacts to Finn's huff and looks toward Finn and takes a step back. He stiffens and stares at Finn. "I get it that only family and close friends can call you Kye, but I think I earn a spot in the 'close friends' category." He says glaring at Finn. "We do share the same secret." He says.