Chapter 21: Secrets Unveiled! Part 2

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019; Jun. 6, 2020, 2:30PM) 

            "Hey." Finn reaches for her hand. He is relieved when she doesn't push it away. She squeezes it. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I said any of that." Finn smiles. He looks into her brown eyes. "It's okay. I can't imagine what emotional roller coaster you have been going through." She shrugs not understanding how he can forgive her so easily. "Kylie." Evie speaks up. "We used to date. That's what we wanted to tell you. But we didn't know how or when." Kylie looks at Evie to Finn and lets go of his hand. "I knew it." She says as a tear rolls down her cheek. "WHAT!?" Kaylee gasps in shock. Evie and Finn look at her. "Yeah." Finn speaks up and faces the group. "Evie and I dated. That's what our secret was." Evie nods looking at Kylie. Then Evie looks at the group. "We dated for about 2 weeks. I thought I was in love with him after a few dates and after our 1 week anniversary, things fizzled." Evie sums it up, trying to leave Finn out of it. Finn looks at Evie. "Don't cover for me." He takes a deep breath. "Jakobe is the only one who knows the real truth about my dating history." Jakobe and Finn lock eyes and nod. "So he knows that all those girls actually broke up with me. I didn't break up with them. I covered for them, so they'd come off as vulnerable and so they'd still get dates. I don't know why I did it because they all were awful to me." Jakobe chuckle. "Yeah, they were. Except for Mia." He says. Finn looks at Jakobe. "Definitely not Mia. But we didn't really date. You had that opportunity." Finn says. "I didn't see it going anywhere with Evie so I broke up with her and she was crushed because she was falling for me." Evie nods along with Jakobe. Kaylee's jaw drops. "Seriously?!" Finn rolls his eyes. "Yes." He squeezes his lips to avoid saying something he's regret. Kylie flicks a tear off her face. "So you two weren't serious?" She asks him. Finn shrugs looking at Evie, almost like he needed reassurance. Evie smiles at them both. She shakes her head. "No we weren't I was just young and he was my first boyfriend and I thought I was falling in love. I think I was, but he wasn't. He was really wonderful though." She looks at Finn and smiles. He smiles back. Kylie sighs. Finn reaches for her hand and he kisses it. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." Kylie shrugs. "It's okay. It's not like we've been dating that long." Finn tilts his head. "True. But you told me everything about your past." Kylie shrugs feeling guilty. "Not exactly everything. And I don't think I want to tell you everything anytime soon." Finn nods. "It's okay." He smiles. Kaylee grunts.

"I thought we were supposed to tell each other everything." She says annoyed. Brian rolls his eyes at her. For someone who is madly in love with Kaylee, he surely does get annoyed with her a lot. Then again it wasn't hard to do. She is a snobby brat. Finn shakes his head. "I can guarantee you it's about her past relationship." Kylie nods. "It is. Do you want to hear about how much of a wonderful guy he was at first and then he was awful and then he was constantly in between?" Kylie says a little more sarcastically and hateful than she intended. Kaylee smirks. She lets out a loud 'pfft' sound. "HA! No! Like I care about your love life. I can't believe you even have a second boyfriend." She looks at Finn and gags. "Then again, he isn't boyfriend material anyway." She rolls her eyes disgusted. Nick pushes her. "What did my sister tell you about being mean!?" He yells at Kaylee. Kaylee almost stumbles and Brian catches her. She looks at him and flashes a flirty smile at him. "Thank you for catching me." Brian's face flush. "No problem."

Kylie stands away from everyone staring off into the water oblivious to Kaylee's encounter with Brian. Nicholas rolls his eyes at Kaylee and Brian and lightly chuckles. He whispers to Brian. "Why don't you tell her you like her." He says. Brian's eyes widen and his face reddens. Kaylee looks at him and smiles. Brian nervously smiles back. He looks at Nick. "What if she doesn't like me like I like her." He says. Nicholas laughs louder than he intended to, causing everyone to take their eyes off Kylie. He looks at them and shrugs and looks around the cave hearing the echo. "Sorry. I forgot. It echos a lot in hear." Nicholas says. Jakobe looks at his brother and chuckles. "I think she likes you like that. We all see it." He motions at everyone, including Kylie. Everyone nods agreeing, except for Kylie. Nicholas, Jakobe, Finn, and Evie all look at Kylie concerned. As for Brian and Kaylee; they are oblivious to what's going on and smiling at each other. Jakobe takes a quick look at Brian and shakes his head in humor. "They seriously need to confess their love for one another." Finn looks at them. "I agree. It's not difficult when both people have the same feelings and they both know it deep down." He says. Jakobe looks at Finn curiously. "And waiting forever to admit your feelings to Kylie was easy?" "Or was it hard?" He questions. Jakobe studies Finn curiously. Finally not wanting to hit him in the face. Maybe Kylie was right about them letting the past go and become friends again. Finn grunts. "I never said it was easy." "And besides, that was different." Finn glances over toward Kylie and notices she's surrounded by everyone. They all are calling her name and asking her things, but she's silently entranced by the pool of water.

Finn frantically runs over to Kylie. Jakobe blinks and has to take a second to understand what was going on. He then runs up to her side also. "What's wrong with her?" Finn asks. Evie and Nicholas shake their heads quickly. "We don't know. She keeps staring at the water. She's not responding to any of us." Evie says, her voice cracking a little. Jakobe notices a tear roll down her cheek. "She's going to be okay Nick." Jakobe walks up to Nicholas. Nick looks up at him as tears roll down his cheeks. "I hope so. I almost lost her once. I don't want it to happen again." He says, his calm tears turning into sobs. Jakobe motions him to sit down with him. "What do you mean you almost lost her before?" He asks. Nick looks at everyone looking at him. "I can't tell you yet. But you know the secret. Just a few people here don't." Nick's sobs slow down. Jakobe nods. "Oh. Okay. I think I know now." He nods. Kaylee looks at Kylie. "Stop!" Kaylee yells as she pulls Kylie back from jumping into the water. "What are you thinking! You could have drowned you, moron! You aren't even acting normal!" Kaylee breaks as a few tears roll down her face. She quickly wipes them off and plays it cool. "What? She's not responding to any of us. There is no way she should try to swim while she's Ms. Unconscious." She shakes her head frantically. "Idiot!" She mutters under her breath.

Finn looks at Kaylee. "Thanks for noticing. Who knows what could have happened." He nods thanking her. Trying to keep it subtle and not show his concern for Kaylee's well-being. He knows he saw her brush a few tears off her face. If he would have said anything about her possibly caring just a tiny bit about Kylie; Kaylee would chew his head off. Literally, According to a few Graffiti marks in the boys locker room. He hates the girl, but even he wouldn't call a girl 'Jacki The Ripper' or 'Teenage Mutant Human Eater'.

Kaylee looks at Finn and nods. "Sure. We have to stay together." Her mouth forms a tight smile. "That's what my mum said. Because she is totally in love with her dad." Kaylee points at Kylie. She says annoyed with a hint of defeat. At least that's what Finn sensed. She rolls her eyes a little. Not the usual way she does. More like an annoying sibling type instead of a fierce nemesis eye roll. Brian and Nick look at each other and smile. "Seems like you really are trying to be a better person Kaylee." Brian chimes in. Kaylee snaps her head to him. She starts to scowl, but her expression changes. "I guess." She shrugs. "My mum says she dated your dad in college in Florida back in the States and she doesn't want to lose him again." She reveals. Nicholas' mouth drops open in shock and Kylie is suddenly out of her trance and staring at Kaylee with glassy and red eyes.