Chapter 20: Town Unknown! Part 3

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; November 1, 2019; , April 29, 2020, 2PM)

                 Kaylee looks at Kylie. "I'm really sorry Kylie. I didn't mean any of that. Especially the stuff about the Bible. I know you wouldn't do that no matter what. I can't believe I'm telling you this, but I've always admired your trust in God and your bravery for standing up to me the other day." Kaylee says quickly and shrugs. Everyone looks at Kaylee shocked by her apology.

      "So you guys are dating...." Nicholas says looking at his sister and Finn, the guy who he has been uncertain about, but wants to be his friend. He takes a deep breath and shakes his head. "....And Moanie Island has weird things happening on it and Kaylee apologized to my sister and Jakobe and Finn aren't killing each other." He Then whispers. "And Evie thinks our dad is her dad." Kylie's eyes open wide. "What did you say?" She asks. Nicholas looks at Kylie, his face a bit flushed. "I said it's a weird day." He shakes his head and rakes his hands through his hair. Kylie looks at her brother curiously. "Yeah it has been. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about me and Finn." She looks at everyone else. "I'm sorry to all of you too. I should have told you sooner. Lets make a pact to be honest with each other for now on. Okay?" Brian nods. "I agree. Kylie mentioned she has something to show us. Well Kaylee and Evie." He takes a deep breath and exhales. "I do too." Jakobe looks at his brother, his eyes wide and his face white. He leans toward him and whispers quietly. "Brian. You aren't telling them are you?" He asks. Brian nods. Jakobe's face slightly reddens. "But you can't. Aunt Mari, Kylie, Nicholas, and I are enough people who should know." "But I think we can trust Evie and Finn, and I know I can trust Kaylee." Jakobe opens his mouth to say something, but Brian interrupts. "Actually I know I can trust Finn because he knows about Kylie and he wouldn't expose her and wouldn't expose me because it would also hurt her." Jakobe rolls his eyes. "So what about Evie? Can we trust her?" Jakobe asks.

                 Evie looks from Kylie and Finn, then shoots a sharp glance to Jakobe. "You can trust me. I wouldn't do anything to mess up my friendship with any of you." Jakobe shifts his eyes to Evie. "Pardon?" Kylie covers her face with her hands. Evie and Kaylee can't find out about her like this. And why does Jakobe think he can't trust Evie? She understands his reason for not trusting Finn, they have a history. But Evie?

                 Evie continues to stare at Jakobe and Brian. "So why can't you trust me?" She asks. Brian shakes his head. "We can. I don't know why he said that." He nods toward Jakobe. Evie nods. "Okay. And what about the whole thing about you and Kylie being exposed?" Evie asks. Kylie and Finn's eyes widen. Jakobe and Brian stay silent for a few seconds. "What were you guys talking about? I heard you say it too?" Kylie says. Finn nods. "I heard too." He says as he shrugs his broad shoulders. Brian takes in a deep breath. "I mentioned to you both because it has something to do with my secret." He says. Finn's eyebrows crease. "You also mentioned Kaylee. But not Kylie and Nick." Finn says. Brian nods. "Yeah. Kylie and Nick know." Finn looks at Brian curiously. After a moment his eyes widen. "Wow!" He exclaims. Kylie looks at Brian him along with the rest of the table. Now she knows what they were talking about. Brian looks at Finn, his face whitens. "What?" Finn shakes his head. "If your secret is what I think, then it's unbelievable. And this town is totally not what it seems." Finn explains. Kylie looks at Finn curiously. She looks at his handsome face wondering if he figured Brian's secret out. After all they both heard most of what Jakobe and Brian said. She doesn't know how she heard them, Nick didn't hear them and Kaylee didn't either and she's sitting next to Brian. But she is glued to her phone like usual. Now that Kylie thinks about it, she's been experiencing better hearing and better reflexes. And of coarse her lung capacity and swimming power and speed is better, but those are normal for being half fish.

             "After school, we need to meet on Moanie Island. The cave with a pool of water. This group needs to be honest with each other and tell each other the important secrets." Kylie says. Brian nods agreeing. "Yeah, we do. But what if some are embarrassing and may hurt someone else in the group, but it's still important to tell each other. Should we?" Evie asks, catching a quick glance at Finn. Kylie nods as she looks at Finn. Finn's eyes lock with hers and he huffs. "Yeah. She has a point." He says. Kylie shifts her focus from Evie, then to Finn. "I think it should still be told. The person who it may hurt should understand that the group needs to be honest with each other. If we aren't, then our friendship isn't honest and real." The table nods. Kylie looks at Finn. She notices he's not looking at her. He's looking at Evie instead. Why is he looking at Evie like that; and did she really hear Nicholas correctly about Evie and their dad? She's always wondered why they look so alike. But there is no way her dad would hide a sister from her. It has to be coincident. Like a coincident that Evie and Finn looked at each other the same moment, Evie asked about a secret hurting someone?